buzzing from insides of 2270

sssboa

Hi

I have buzzing from the insides of 2270 (not from speakers), not very loud but wonder if it's normal and from what it may be coming and if it's fixable. I had such things from modern electronic equipment.

There's a difference between the electrical buzz you might hear from an arcing relay or switch and the hum from a coil in the power transformer. Many of my units have power transformers that hum slightly, and it is not uncommon at all. But if you think the noise is coming from somewhere else in the unit, I would have it looked at.

If you suspect it is the power transformer, you could try loosening the screws holding it in and reseating it. Sometimes that can help, but it can be hard to eliminate completely. Just don't over-tighten the fasteners holding the transformer in place. Sometimes a humming transformer can indicate an incorrect voltage in the power supply, so if you could check voltages based on the schematic, that would be a good step as well.

There's a difference between the electrical buzz you might hear from an arcing relay or switch and the hum from a coil in the power transformer. Many of my units have power transformers that hum slightly, and it is not uncommon at all. But if you think the noise is coming from somewhere else in the unit, I would have it looked at.

If you suspect it is the power transformer, you could try loosening the screws holding it in and reseating it. Sometimes that can help, but it can be hard to eliminate completely. Just don't over-tighten the fasteners holding the transformer in place. Sometimes a humming transformer can indicate an incorrect voltage in the power supply, so if you could check voltages based on the schematic, that would be a good step as well.
Yeah, I think it's the transformer. Voltage is set 240V for UK.

Back
Top Bottom