Bwoooohoooohohoo, dog broke my LS50

neevo

My dog is old :(

Looks like he jumped up on my armchair, fell off and knocked over the speaker stand and my LS50 fell on the edge of the other speaker stand and tool a shaving off the front corner.

Driver and rest of cabinet is fine thankfully. Reached out to KEF to see if it's repairable as I hate having a damaged speaker.

Anyone think it's fixable?

Attachments

• IMG_2273.JPG
    IMG_2273.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 504
Maybe not perfect but certainly presentable.
Kind of like that first scratch on a new car. I get your angst.
I would hate to see you spend a fair amount of money to get it fixed (likely 2 way shipping plus repair bill) only to have the dog knock it over again when you get it back

Maybe not perfect but certainly presentable.
Kind of like that first scratch on a new car. I get your angst.
I would hate to see you spend a fair amount of money to get it fixed (likely 2 way shipping plus repair bill) only to have the dog knock it over again when you get it back

Normally I'd live with it but it's so obvious and I want them back to mint condition. Dog is banned from front room now and will go outside when no ones about.

I hope I'm wrong
I fear repair (with shipping ) could rival the price of a new speaker. I hope I'm wrong!

Normally I'd live with it but it's so obvious and I want them back to mint condition. Dog is banned from front room now and will go outside when no ones about.

For mint, calling KEF is probably the best bet, unless you get lucky and find an orphan somewhere.

Balls. I've contacted KEF to see what they advise. Worst case I'll claim it on insurance as I want them back to the condition they were in, not with a scrape.

I was hoping I could simply replace the front panel, but we'll find out I suppose.

I would really love to hear a pair, as they have garnered so many enthusiastic reviews from pro and owner alike. A really great two-way is always a joy, imo. Tend to be image kings. Merely very-good ones are no slouch, either.

Hahahaha. He's a good dog but not sure he needs the iron (yet!). He's lost some privileges but I suspect it's still a freak accident.

Just need to get hold of KEF to see if it's repairable by getting a new front panel. I'd also like a new foot for the speaker stands as that's had a chunk taken out of it too.

I'm amazed the speaker hasn't taken any damage other than cosmetic because the drop was quite substantial.

Find a guy who does piano refinishing. Possibly a furniture repair guy also. But a piano person should be able to help.

Regards
Mister Pig

I think new panel is only repair that would be not noticable to close inspection. If six feet away unnoticed is ok, try repaint expert. My experience with auto body shops is they paint whole of panels. No touchup. They want to do a flawless job that customer can't dispute. Color match and texture could be issue. Cost could equal used speaker set.

Last edited:
Hahahaha. He's a good dog but not sure he needs the iron (yet!). He's lost some privileges but I suspect it's still a freak accident.

Just need to get hold of KEF to see if it's repairable by getting a new front panel. I'd also like a new foot for the speaker stands as that's had a chunk taken out of it too.

I'm amazed the speaker hasn't taken any damage other than cosmetic because the drop was quite substantial.

I suspect it's all glued together, not just screws, not meant to ever be disassembled in regard to the cabinet.

I like Mr. Pig's idea of checking with furniture or piano repair.

Back
Top Bottom