C-20 to computer?

monty

What's the best way to output the c-20 to a computer, for the purpose of transferring records to CD. I can deal with the computer end of it, but what's the best way to output from the c-20? From the front, from the back, and where should the levels be set, etc? Also, I would like to know how to do this for both mono and stereo records, if different.

Use the tape out jacks on the rear, they are fixed level before the tone controls.

I use the tape out and in on the MX110 I use in this room so I
can playback with real fidelity to see how the dubbing is before
I put to disk. Also is nice as I also like a few internet stations
from Europe, and a great blues one in Korea. For mono recording the computer program I use does a nice job.

Carl

When I tried the tape out in back, the record signal was really low and strained and distorted, both in the speakers, and through the monitors. I know that makes no sense, but that's what happened.

Was it the tape output that is next to the main outputs, not the ones on the bottom edge.

Yeah, the tape outputs next to the main outputs. If I send a CD signal (connected to AUX), it sounds fine, but the LP is really distorted and cuts out, etc.

You have a problem with the phono input stages, possibly switch settings on the front or choice of phono input on the rear. Phono LO is for 10 mV, phono high is rated for 70 mV output cartridge. Set the compensator switches to RIAA on the front panel. The Tape output is pulled out of the C20 just befor the balance, volume control, and mode selector.

Back
Top Bottom