C-2X right channel soud issues

Domidom

Hello,

Owner (not yet quite a happy :)) a couple c-2x b-2x I encounter some problems with the preamp c-2x.

I will try to explain at best my concern with my basic English, thank you for your understanding!

Sound disappearing right channel after a few minutes of listening, when it happens it is enough that I hit very very slightly rca or that I tapped on the carcass for it to work a few minutes but it does not last it is very difficult to find the right position,
this product on all entries, I have already controlled if it did not come from the source and knobs and obviously no problem on this side.

I opened the amp to control the welds at the level of RCA but nada, everything is in order and apparently in very good condition for his age.

In short, I do not know what to do if a charitable soul could meggle!

In waiting to read you!

Musically Dominic
IMG_5616.JPG IMG_5620.JPG IMG_5621.JPG IMG_5623.JPG IMG_5624.JPG IMG_5628.JPG IMG_5629.JPG IMG_5630.JPG IMG_5631.JPG IMG_5632.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: mbz
Sound disappearing right channel after a few minutes of listening, when it happens it is enough that I hit very very slightly rca or that I tapped on the carcass for it to work a few minutes but it does not last it is very difficult to find the right position,
Sounds like a bad solder connection. Which RCA did you wiggle?

Hello avionic, it happens on all RCA channel right, when I exert a slight pressure on them (regardless of the 7 of the right channel) it works again, but since I dismounted the hack has no more effect.

Get a magnifying glass and a bright light. Start closely inspecting each RCA solder connection. Wiggle the RCA and watch the solder connection for loose connections.

The only issues I've ever heard of with these C-2x's is broken RCA jacks.

Check the RCA solder connections to the board. My guess is to just re-wet them all with a soldering iron. If the RCA connectors have any trauma they tend to break the solder joint on the board first.

Like Dave says the RCA connector itself may be cracked or broken. Look for cracks in the plastic part.

Last edited:
Hello,

I tested all tracks and taken RCA and no concern for continuity, now the problem is on both channels,

I unscrewed the panel or there rca I noticed that when I get the screws between the rca it works again some time, suddenly I wonder if there will not be a concern for mass electrical.

the good news is that by reattaching the rca panel correctly, it means i have no tu fumbling rca anymore, either it works or not.

edit:

After 1 hour of testing it starts again on both channels randomly (sound drop and crackles)

When it happens I change the source with the selector and then I come back it works again.

IMG_5686[5697].jpg

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

having a little time I go back to looking for the breakdown, I have a new track I think it comes from the source selector would you have a tutorial for cleaning this one?

I thought spray of the contact cleaner through the gaps?...

thank you!

dominique

This part needs to be removed from the board..And disassembled.IMG_5630.JPG

This part needs to be removed from the board..And disassembled.
It will look similar to this once disassembled.

index.php

You will want it to look like this...

index.php

Back
Top Bottom