C-4 Burning Fuses

Golanr

After recapping and replacing many transistors, diodes and relays on Sansui G-9000 and Marantz 2275, I feel comfortable enough to tackle the C-4.
It worked fine and then it started burning fuses immediately on turn on.
I read http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/yamaha-c-4-help.361407/ and plan to look at all the recommendations there, but was wondering if anyone can offer a faster route to resolution from their experience.

Once fixed, I plan to recap the whole thing and replace the failure prone diodes and zeners

Last edited:
t worked fine and then it started burning fuses immediately on turn on.
Primary side fuse or secondary side fuse(s) -- What color wire is attached to the fuse(s) that are blowing ?

but was wondering if anyone can offer a faster route to resolution from their experience.
No.. I have probably worked on at least 25 or more C-4's. Only one I recall that was blowing any fuses. That was a capacitor that was "customer installed" ass backwards on the small headphone amplifier board. One of the 1µf/50v electrolytics shorted to ground . If memory serves me. The cap had exploded.

No.. I have probably worked on at least 25 or more C-4's. Only one I recall that was blowing any fuses. That was a capacitor that was "customer installed" ass backwards on the small headphone amplifier board. One of the 1µf/50v electrolytics shorted to ground . If memory serves me. The cap had exploded.
Thank you! I'll open, take a photo and report back

Find anything ?
Sorry, been busy with the Marantz 6300. Thought I will finish it earlier, bu apparently was ahead of myself. I promise that When I get to it, to keep updating. I also don't like to leave open threads with no resolution.

Back
Top Bottom