1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

C-45 Got Lucky

Discussion in 'Yamaha' started by tuffstuff1, Feb 13, 2018.

1. tuffstuff1

tuffstuff1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I bought it off of ebay "buy it now". It came with the original packaging and cosmetically mint. The seller said one channel was out. I really wanted it to mate with my M-45 which is mint too. I took my chances that it was something minor and sure enough the left channel was out when put to the test. I wiggled the balance and got the channel to cut in every once in a while, YES!!!! I got the deoxit out and sprayed and worked it for a while. I hooked it back and and to my surprise it's working perfectly! This preamp sound amazing. I can't tell much difference in SQ to my C2-A. Love it for the phono SQ running a denon MC cart. Wonderful! Paid 99.00. Happy camper! IMG_1680.JPG IMG_1680.JPG IMG_1685.JPG IMG_1679.JPG

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. pfcs49

pfcs49 Phil Subscriber

Nice rack!
    I have a beat up 5' bench like that with junk on it!

3. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

Nice snag... Good that you saw it before me. I've been looking for a parts unit. I need a serviceable volume control.