C Band Satellite

Ronald1973

8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man
Within the next year, I'm looking to get satellite (again). I absolutely do not want Directv; I've had one friend recently ditch them over skyrocketing costs, and my sister and her hubby are about ready to either ditch or go down to the lowest priced tier. I myself have had problems with them before. Dish is a possible option, but it's still sort of like asking me which turd I want to pick up out of the toilet.

I know C Band was the schnizle in the 80's. I know it's still out there, and I know some people swear by it. Is it truly a decent alternative? What kind of investment would one be looking at for a decent system?

No, it's not...! No better than Direct TV. And I've tried both. Both get expensive fast, and they both over bill, on a 28 day cycle. It's gets 'em 13 billing cycles, in a 12 month period. Crooks! :rant:
My last experience with Dish was years ago. I had been a customer for a good while as had my father; I took over the account, putting it in my name, after I moved out here. I had either a bad receiver or a bad dish. Half of my channels were blacked out. I called tech support who had the expertise of Jethro Bodine and his 6th grade education. After reminding them that rain nor trees were causing my problem (if that were the case, I would lose ALL channels, not just some) for the 2nd time at least, they said they'd send a tech out for a $50 charge plus whatever it cost to fix the issue. I told them to cancel the service since I couldn't use it. They didn't cancel it, and I started getting harassing phone calls from their collections department. I told them the issue, told them that I told tech support just to cut it off, and that was that. According to them, however, one can't tell tech support, they have to call billing and, therefore, I was still on the hook for a month's bill. I contested it on my credit report and had it removed.

Back
Top Bottom