C1000/MDA1000 and iPod/Laptop

http://www.msbtech.com/products/iLinkDetail.php

What is interesting about the MSB ilink is that it includes a wireless transmitter for the ipod enabling you to sit on the couch and control the ipod whilst still getting a digital signal! :thmbsp:

iLink_white_web.jpg

iLink-back.jpg

Thank's Howie, again interesting stuff, I'll keep investigating the ipod side of the music house.

Indy

The Airport Express can and does stream lossless music from your laptop or computer. It works like a wireless bridge between your laptop and whatever you plug it in to, whether an MDA1000 or any other audio component with an optical input. You control music playback from your laptop using iTunes. It runs $99.

I finally removed the airport express from my inexpensive system for my backyard and hooked it up to my Mcintosh system. I hooked the analog cables to CD2 on my Mcintosh C220 pre-amp and then used my iphone as the remote. I have to say even using the analog ouput of the airport express the sound is almost as good as the Mcintosh mvp-861 !! The only difference is at loud volumes ie over 45 on the pre-amp, the sound starts to give a little ear fatigue. All of my music in my itunes library was recorded as apple lossless. At lower volumes I can not tell the difference between Itunes and original cd and having a music server that is totally stealth (computer is in another room) is very cool. I would say the airport express is the number one audiophile bargain I have heard ! I was wondering if anybody has tried the airport express into a DAC into the Mcintosh system and compared it to using the analog out on the airport express ??

Many thanks to all of you for the great help. We had a fantastic time exchanging cool musik till late night. :thmbsp:

It seems that Wadia is not easily available in Switzerland. The box - however - is really outstanding. I certainly will follow up with my dealer.

b

Streaming with Apple

Hey thats an interesting discussion going on here. Maybe somebody can help me with my problem.

I stream my music from my apple via airport express to my accuphase Dp 78. (I plan to replace it in the future just with a dac).This streaming works only with itunes. The problem with itunes is it reads only 16-bit data. So if I download higher resolution files, they are truncated to 16 bits.

Does anybody know a solution for the apple to stream high-rez data to the dac -or send them via cable to the dac?

Thanks

Georg

Welcome to AK Georg :)

You are correct, this is an interesting discussion. I think it is time for it to go to the iPod Music Integration forum to continue the discussion and so they have the thread there for future reference.

Booter,
I'm glad the party went well. :banana: :music:

I endorse the Wadia. A lot for a little money and works well with McDigital. The DACs in the I-Macs are packed in tight so getting the data out digitally is a step up.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Back
Top Bottom