C1100T.......nice

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by JWJW, Aug 8, 2015.

1. AM123

AM123 New Member

Will be getting it today or tomorrow from the dealer. I will keep you guys updated.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. AM123

AM123 New Member

Got the unit. Taking it out of the box, it looked like it had been wiped with a dirty cloth (never have I had a complaint upon unboxing Mcintosh items). It is the new metal finish, after a wipe down, it looks great.

The sound, it is MUCH better than the C2500. In percentage, I would say, 30-40%. It is insanely quiet. Soundstage opened right up. Tons of depth and clarity between instruments.

The knobs feel incredible and very precise - no wobble. Compared to the C2500 which feltgood, MXA60 which feel okay (wobble).

I am mostly a vinyl guy. I have only listened to the MC input (3 hours last night). I definitely have to change the tubes to Gold Lions. I know it is going to sound much better (just as it did with the previous C2300, C2500, MA2275).

One thing I noticed after looking over the manual, was that it says not to stack the Tube part on the Controller part, just like they do in the pics on the site. I have no more room to put these anywhere else except to stack them. I wonder why it states that.

Will let you guys know how good it looks after rolling and if I can get some pics up, I will try. I hope I can easily figure out how to get at the tubes on the front.

3. advanced101

advanced101 New Member

Thanks! I'm very curious about the MC performance.

4. mike88max

mike88max New Member

Me Also How did it go?

5. mike88max

mike88max New Member

Do you still have it ? I was thinking of picking one up.