C2500 optical in popping sounds

JPJ

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I've been using the optical in on my C2500 to stream music through an Apple airport. There are light pops that sound like a vinyl crackle that are happening, sometimes a few in a short time and other times there are long pauses between, but they are pretty regular. I thought it could be a tube issue, but when I'm using the MM input, there are no pops, and also I've plugged the optical cable and Airport into a CD input using a little cheap DAC and no pops there either. The music sounds much better through the built-in DAC, just not sure where the pops are coming from. Any thoughts?

I had a similar issue with my Airport Express when connected to the optic input of my MA7900. I put a Wyred 4 Sound Remedy Reclocker between the Airport Express and the MA7900 and the popping stopped. I didn't have an issue with the optical input on the MA7900 using any other component (CD player or Bluesound Node 2). It seems the Airport express had this ticking that the reclocker resolved. I hope this helps.

I had a similar issue with my Airport Express when connected to the optic input of my MA7900. I put a Wyred 4 Sound Remedy Reclocker between the Airport Express and the MA7900 and the popping stopped. I didn't have an issue with the optical input on the MA7900 using any other component (CD player or Bluesound Node 2). It seems the Airport express had this ticking that the reclocker resolved. I hope this helps.
I haven't tried any other source into the optical cable, so that could totally be the problem. thank you for that info!

^^^This!!!^^^

I had the same problem feeding my McIntosh D100 from my music server. I plugged in a Wyred 4 Sound Remedy Reclocker. My only additional suggestion is I use the USB connection and cables are not all created equal. I used the cable that came with the reclocker but still had an issue. I now use a Wireworld Starlight 7 USB A to B 2.0 and problem has been solved.

Reactions: JPJ
Back
Top Bottom