C29 Noise when first turned on

With my power amp turned on first, when the relay clicks on in my C29 there is a very loud "pop" from both channels. Anyone have any experience with this issue? I was also considering doing a recap; what are your thoughts? Except for the "power on" noise there are no other issues with the C29!

David Bagwin

What else is turning on with the preamp? The relay click you hear is for the courtesy AC outlets....there is no relay muting the C29s output.

Mac amps have muting circuits to allow the preamp to turn on the amp......many times the turn on popping noise is caused by a CD player or tape deck or some other source injecting a transient DC spike into a input.

But......a C29 is approaching 40 years old so it could be acting up but first i would isolate it from sources and confirm it is actually the preamp before investing in tech time.

When I had my C-29 it was always pre-amp on first and off last. I bought a Mac Power strip for my C-29 as it could handle the power required for my 3 power amps, and the out let strip took care. of the issue.

Back
Top Bottom