c33 and c34v Compandor caps backwards?

nbndtrain

I know it has been brought up in the past, but it would be good to get an idea of what is correct between the manual and factory cap orientation in the compandor circuits for the c33 and c34v preamps. Attached are actual orientation from the factory and the pertinent part of the SM. Can anyone shed light on which is correct for the following caps?

C506
C526
C527
C528
C530

Attachments

• c33_actual.jpg
    c33_actual.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 23
  • c33_manual.jpg
    c33_manual.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 21
Do what I have done when I lost track of orientation.....just replace the old part with a green Nichicon Muse ES cap.

I believe the actual schematic shows them in the correct orientation while the picture line drawing does not.

Positive polarity to the signal, negative to the board's and compander switch's ground.....

Yes, that is factory orientation, however, it does not match the service manual drawings. c_dk has indicated that the factory orientation and drawings are incorrect for a few caps and that the SM schematic should show correct orientation. I will see what I can come up. Not that I use the compandor function ever... Thanks everyone!!

Yes, that is factory orientation, however, it does not match the service manual drawings

Because SM indications for these capacitors (and only these ones) IS WRONG , that's why I said "it is clear for me"

Back
Top Bottom