C35 Output Puzzle

Dave B.

I'm using my C35 to drive three separate amps and their respective speakers. The speakers being driven by the C35's MAIN output display discrete left and right channels. The speakers driven from the SWITCHED 1 and SWITCHED 2 outputs, however, display a mono (L+R) signal.

Plus, when I turn the C35's balance control full left or right, sound comes out of both left and right SWITCHED 1 and 2's speakers. The speakers fed from the C35's MAIN output respond normally to balance control rotation. I've double checked all my connections.

My assumption is that all three outputs should function uniformly, in normal stereo mode. This seems odd to me.

Any C35 users out there who can help me out?

Thanks, as always.

Dave

Thanks, Caddy. I found it and am reading it. The C28's issue is a bit different from my C35's. I at least have a normal MAIN output. It's the other two outputs that are mono and don't obey the balance control. I'll keep searching.

Dave

That is correct. Your issue is a step beyond (depending on how you look at it). Very strange only the switched jacks are apparently affected.

Problem solved, guys. Did a reconfiguration of cables. That worked. Too many cables, not enough time. Thanks.

Dave

Curious about your c35. I have one driving an mc7200 and love it. What are you using as amps?

My digital source is an oppo 205 and I listen to either kef 105.3's or recently, klipsch reference premiers.

Bmotb, my C35 is part of a multi-pre/multi-amp setup, and drives an MC275 VI (balanced), which drives a pair of XRT1Ks (very nicely). I stream most of the time, but the C35 also handles CDs, TTs (mm), and even cassettes. I also use it to drive a pair of powered subs (unbalanced), which sometimes require rebalancing when I'm really pushing the 275.

I love the C35. They don't get much notice or love here on AK, but I think it's an extremely flexible, quality pre. I assume that you enjoy yours.

Dave

Guys, I am considering adding a decent tt (~$2000 budget plus bits). In your experience does the c35 match well with analogue of that caliber. I have had mine since new....but never used the phono stage.

Thanks

Mike

Mike, I run my TT through my C22 II, not through my C35, so I can't comment on the C35's phono amp quality, but I'm sure you will be satisfied. I have a multifaceted setup that gives me a number of different system options. My C22 drives my MC2000, which in turn drives my AR9s (the big ones). My C35 drives (mainly) my MC275 VI, which drives my XRT1Ks.

The flexibility provided by the C35's and C22's input/output sophistication, in conjunction with my multiple amps and speakers, allows me to pick a system combination that suits my mood. It's not a purist setup, that's for sure, but for my needs it fills the bill nicely. Again, I think you'll be well pleased with your prospective C35-TT combo.

Dave

Bmotb, my C35 is part of a multi-pre/multi-amp setup, and drives an MC275 VI (balanced), which drives a pair of XRT1Ks (very nicely). I stream most of the time, but the C35 also handles CDs, TTs (mm), and even cassettes. I also use it to drive a pair of powered subs (unbalanced), which sometimes require rebalancing when I'm really pushing the 275.

I love the C35. They don't get much notice or love here on AK, but I think it's an extremely flexible, quality pre. I assume that you enjoy yours.

Dave
Only thing better than a C35 is a C37!

Back
Top Bottom