C47 & MC152 vs. MA9000

Swiss Army Knife!! I like that!!
The way my system is laid out I could not have the Swiss Army knife option.....wouldn't work...
Me neither. The question is, could we both simplify and get comparable sound? I need two tape loops tho ...

I'd like to hear about the MA 9000 midrange. What do you lucky MA 9000 owners think?
I've currently got a C 2300 and an MC 275V that serve me well and have beautiful midrange.
The only thing at this point that could dethrone them is the mighty MA 9000 or its older brother the MA 8000.

Anyone with experience hearing the MC452 or the MC601s care to do a comparison of sound with the MA9000?

I am soon going to be in the market for a major upgrade and so far I am considering these two amps paired with either a c52, c2600 or even c2300 (will add a DAC).
I have thrown around the idea of an integrated, but I personally like having separates as I tend to upgrade in pieces so making the leap to a full on integrated as a major purchase will take some convincing :)

I bought an MA9000 last November and just love it! Massive reserves of power, not sterile like some SS can sound, has a fantastic phono stage and DAC, not to mention its utterly BAD-ASS looks!

Last edited:
That thing owns the rack!
Yeah, it pretty much dominates any space! (Maybe that's part of its appeal?)

Here's mine:
TrlRX98.jpg

(Well, I guess my VPI does a pretty good domination job, too!)

Back
Top Bottom