C50 Display Flickers - Digital Information

denniswilson

I'm using my C50 coaxial digital input from the digital output from my Rotel CD player. I have the display set to show digital information. When a signal is present it reads 44.1k on the C50 display. The "44.1k" part of the display intermittently flickers every couple of seconds or so...ever so slightly for like a nanosecond. Its almost undetectable, but if I stare at it I can see it happen. When there is no signal the "SILENT" part of the display is perfect as well as the rest of the display. I never really noticed it before, but then again I never looked at it close . Could it be just a normal way the DAC works/displays? Otherwise it sounds perfectly fine. I'm using quality digital coaxial cable. I've tried 2 different CD players digital outputs. I even tried my Pure iPod doc digital coax output with my iPod Touch. Funny thing though, when I use the USB on the C50 from my laptop the "32/192k" does not flicker at all.

Just revisiting my old thread to see if anyone else has discovered this anomaly with any McIntosh digital preamps

Back
Top Bottom