CA-1000 Class A Issues

I have been playing the unit for a couple of hours now. Every once in a while I get a pop/short crackle. Like every 10 minutes or so.
I will change the 458's on the amp boards when my BP caps come.
Any other suspects?
How about on the PS board?

I have been playing the unit for a couple of hours now. Every once in a while I get a pop/short crackle. Like every 10 minutes or so.
I will change the 458's on the amp boards when my BP caps come.
Any other suspects?
How about on the PS board?
Are the noises on both channels ? If yes I would suspect a power supply issue. ie. noisy regulator transistors.

Just in case.....Suspect noisy regulator circuit transistors ***
TR702 ---> 2SA673S---> KSA916YTA ***
TR703---> 2SC1213S---> KSC2316YTA ***

Series Pass transistors
TR701 ---> 2SA671S ---> TIP32C
TR704---> 2SC1061S ---> TIP31C

i would check the soldering first and clean the fuses/holders

Especially check the solder connections of TR701 and TR704.In fact I'd reflow them just for shits and giggles.
Those TO-220 transistors run hot and hang upside down. Unsolder themselves over the years.
Would definitely causes pops if they're were cold solder connections.

Last edited:
Great info! I will try and get at it tomorrow.
Wife's home tomorrow so I could be doing domestic duties instead of that "stereo crap".

Especially check the solder connections of TR701 and TR704.In fact I'd reflow them just for shits and giggles.
Well I didn't shit or giggle but the reflow seems to have worked.
Had a couple of pops when I first tested it within the first minute or so but have not heard any for the past hour or so.
Will continue to test.

So the Ca 1000 seems to be testing fine. Now when I was working on this piece I borrowed a function board from another unit I had.
I went to test that CA 1000 and I notice that when I first power it on the right channel is missing but shows up in a few moments after the left comes on. If you shut it off and power it back up both channels are there.
Would you suspect a dirty relay?

regarding the first one try letting it cool overnight and testing again .. do this a few times .. i have had in the past a few times transistors with bad connections inside and the heat from soldering them has effected a temporary fix ..
sorry if i am being negative but this sort of thing can and does happen ..

I changed the relay on the latest,replaced 2 fusistors, 2 458's and reflowed those transistors Av suggested.
Looks Like tomorrow I will be tested two units,again!
Thx guys.
Have any experience with Luxman receivers? Started a post on a R-1070 I picked up on my travels years ago.
How can you tell my wife is putting the pressure on to reduce the projects?

The two Yammies appear to be behaving themselves.They look and sound mighty nice.
Appreciate all the advice.

Back
Top Bottom