CA - 1010 Hum, Recap parts list and Power toggle switch request

Discussion in 'Yamaha' started by Luissx780, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Luissx780

Luissx780 New Member

Hello all,

This is my first post here, I've been reading for a while and have recently acquired a yamaha ca-1010 at a steal. Unfortunately, it is missing the power switch (just the little plastic toggle, not the switch itself), and has quite a loud LF hum no matter which input is used. I'm looking at getting into this hobby through this unit - the repair aspects of it in particular - but I don't know which brands of components to purchase and the best websites to get them from (I'm in Canada, if it makes any difference). I've heard of mouser and partsconexion, any other suggestions of sites?

My main questions:

Can anyone share or point me in the direction of a parts list to recap a CA - 1010?
    Any warning or advice for a novice to this hobby?
    I intend to purchase a soldering station and a multimeter, should I add anything else to the list?
    Does anyone know where I can acquire a yamaha ca - 1010 (or similarly compatible) power switch? I've already looked at oaktreevintage with no luck...

Sorry for all of the questions, and thanks for reading!

2. willyrover

willyrover Super Member

I also picked up a CA-1010 with hum/buzz. It has some very stressed looking caps on the power supply board. (accessible from the bottom of the unit).

I did a quick order of all the small electrolytics in the unit from digikey.ca. I'm hoping the large filter caps are still ok. I'm fairly confident replacing the two 220uf 80V caps on the power supply board will resolve the hum/buzz issue - at least on my unit.

Order is attached. I went with Nichicon and ordered extras of some caps since it made sense with bulk discount. Some voltages were bumped up due to availability and I guessed a bit on some of the lead spacing. This order also includes new meter lamps. When the order arrives, I may discover some errors so take this list as you will.
    Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 1.59.36 PM.png

IMG_6235.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Luissx780 likes this.
  3. mbz

mbz AK Subscriber Subscriber

Those 2 black caps in the middle of the board are also badly stressed as are the 2 purple ones beneath them.
    I'm sure you will replace all electrolytic on this board.

Luissx780 likes this.
  4. willyrover

willyrover Super Member

Yes, they will all be replaced.

Luissx780 likes this.
  5. willyrover

willyrover Super Member

Ok, first error on the list:

10uf 50V X2 and
    2.2uf 35V X2

on power supply board should be bipolar capacitors.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  6. Luissx780

Luissx780 New Member

How did the repairs go? Would you be able to provide your updated parts list, that would be a massive help. Do you think it's worth it to replace resistors and relays?

7. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

8. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

Fusible resistors if they are out of tolerance.

9. bktheking

bktheking Gitter Done!

Anyone have a full current list?

Luissx780 likes this.