CA-610 II Powers up, No sound

craxx6969

I was given a 610 II to try to resurrect from a friend of the family. I have deoxited the pots and switches, checked the output transistors (using the transistor method from EW on the pioneer forum) regreased the outputs and reinstalled them. They are okay, no issues.

I would like to get a schematic/service manual so I can follow traces, etc but the one from HiFi engine is just an owner's manual.

Anyone out there have a service manual and maybe a cap/trans list?

Thanks!

JT

Ca-610 ii

@Avionic,

There is NO relay click! Checked for cold solder joints, did not see any. Some one has been in it before me as there are reflows on it. No broken traces, no loose components.

Thanks,

JT

Measure DC at R527 and R528, black to ground, red to the resistor- powered on and tell us what you get.

Measure DC at R527 and R528, black to ground, red to the resistor- powered on and tell us what you get.

As soon as I get back home, later today I'll measure DC at R527 and R528 black/negative to ground and red (make sure the tip is covered except the very tip or use a clip probe) to the resistors and post the results.

Thanks bk!

Joe

As soon as I get back home, later today I'll measure DC at R527 and R528 black/negative to ground and red (make sure the tip is covered except the very tip or use a clip probe) to the resistors and post the results.

Thanks bk!

Joe

Reading taken from R527 = 1.8 mv DC !!!! this is not correct, it should be 11.8 mv, seems my fingers didn't get the first 1 pushed hard enough
Reading taken from R528 = 11.9 mv DC

This is on a dim bulb tester.

Thanks,

JT

Last edited:
Not enough DC there to trip the protect circuit...Most likely have a dried up electrolytic cap in the power supply/protect circuit.

Check the 1.0 amp fuse that feeds the protection circuit- f571, if it's good swap caps C583 C584.

Fuse F571 checked with DMM, okay

Swap means replace if I am correct in bktheking's suggestion. I will follow up on those two caps.

Thanks,

Joe

Ya sorry- replace the caps, Fuse- you pulled, checked , resinstalled and not just checked in the holder?

yes, fuse was pulled, checked out of the holder.

Any suggestions for the caps? I have some extras from various prior repairs but would like to get the correct ones.

C584 = 47uf 16v - Elite 85°
C583 = 100uf 10v - Sam Young 105°

I have a UKL1E470KEDANA 47uf 25V Nichicon that I can use for C584. Okay on that one.

Haven't found a replacement for the C583

Any cap with the same capacitance rating can be replaced by equal or greater voltage. Of course it all depends on the circuit, some manufacturers used caps that were way over rated for their in circuit voltages but that comes with circuit interpretation.

Well, that did not work. Both caps installed correct polarity as indicated on the board. No smoke, no relay click.

Next? :scratch2:

If you have a couple 47uf at,at least 16vdc.That would do for now. Might just take a little longer for the relay to click.

Well, that did not work. Both caps installed correct polarity as indicated on the board. No smoke, no relay click.

Next? :scratch2:

Need to check operating voltages on TR577 E,B,C
and TR578 E,B,C.....

Back
Top Bottom