CA1000 - Aux1 can heard on Phono.

Jpete9

Phono had a bad hum and sounded really dull. I noticed that if i was streaming to airport connected on Aux 1, then changed inputs i could hear the streamed audio when Tuner or Phono was selected.

i have a Yacqin valve phono connected on Line 2 - that was powered off - soon as i unplugged the RCAs from Aux 2 the ensure issue went away - almost silent phono restored, no hum and no overlapping channels.

Yacqin has a ground wire to one of the two ground posts on the amp. But as soon as you touch the RCA on the amp it hums and you can hear the other Aux inputs and the phono sound goes crap.

Is the phono faulty? or is that sensitive?

The Yacqin has come common hum issue i'll check out some other time...but i'm curious if this is normal for the yammy?

Last edited:
Let me get this straight - if the Yaqin is disconnected from the Yamaha, then you have absolutely no issues with the Yamaha phono stage or unselected inputs bleeding through to the one you're listening? If that's the case, does the issue keep happening if you remove the ground wire between the Yaqin and the CA1000? I don't think that wire should be necessary and depending on the grounding schemes of the two pieces, it could create issues.

Back
Top Bottom