Cabinet Maker for C11 Preamplifier

dcgillespie

Fisher SA-100 Clone
Subscriber
Any and all suggestions appreciated. I believe the correct type is L66. I tried McIntosh Cabinets, but Matt responded back to my request saying that he just dropped that particular model.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Dave

You actually want an L11 or L12 cabinet. The L66 has no top vent to keep those tubes cool!

Larry

The C11 manual indicates the L66 is the correct cabinet. I have no idea if it is vented or not.

Dave, I may be able to help you out. In the past few weeks I made some cabinets with my CNC machine for some Mc equipment I recently acquired. The first photo is for a Mac1700, then I made one for a MC2120 and an L52 type (as carved in the bottom back as shown).

I have the basic program and method and would have to minimally change the program to cut a different size.

1700 cab (1).JPG IMG_6886 (1280x960).jpg IMG_6888 (960x1280).jpg

Yes walnut veneer. Note that purists may be offended (I actually like "offending" the purists -- sorry) in that the front has the grain oriented all horizontally as opposed to individual pieces with mitered corners. The machine cuts and trims the front all at once that way. And, to further offend, I liked the orientation of the side grain horizontal to match the front as well.

Yes walnut veneer. Note that purists may be offended (I actually like "offending" the purists -- sorry) in that the front has the grain oriented all horizontally as opposed to individual pieces with mitered corners. The machine cuts and trims the front all at once that way. And, to further offend, I liked the orientation of the side grain horizontal to match the front as well.
very pretty pieces. I just picked up some African Mahogany to build a case for my Mac1900. I will be doing it the old fashioned way with table saw :(

Hi everyone, I have a C20 preamp and need a cabinet for it. The owners manual says it takes a L66 McIntosh cabinet and that it loads from the front. Can any one help with an original or an aftermarket cabinet?

Back
Top Bottom