Cable Shoot Out!

About the Zebra cable mwicks: I haven't tried their interconnects or speaker wire, but I do have their power cable, and I was impressed by the level of quality you get for about $60, so if you're ever thinking of trying that (highly recommended), their's is a good one to start with.

Funny you should mention that, I've got a Zebra power cable on the way!:thmbsp:

After I built my passive preamp, I went looking for a set of short, low-capacitance interconnects.
I ended up with a pair of 18" BJC LC-1 interconnects.
I absolutely love this cable for how transparent my system now sounds.
Tough to spend much more money, to get any significant increase in performance IMO?

Steve

I'm waiting for Mr Lins speaker wire review.......

And Mwicks power cord review.. I'm all capture corded.

I'm waiting for Mr Lins speaker wire review.......

And Mwicks power cord review.. I'm all capture corded.

You're going to have to wait a while, they came in the mail yesterday and I just hooked them up an hour ago. Only heard TV sound so far as the girlfriend's watching, so I don't really have much to say other than that there seemed to be less bass, but I'm not sure about that.

Mwicks let us know what you think of your new power cord.

Got my Zebra ZC-PWR12 power cable in the mail today.........

It's awesome! As soon as I switched over from the stock generic power cable on my amp to the Zebra, everything immediately became cleaner, more present and generally warmer! I really didn't expect a power cable to make this much of a difference, but I'll be damned!

And people say that there is no difference in wires & cables.

I run all ZU cables. WAX speaker & GEDE interconects, I love them!

Happy Listening!
:music:

Sounds great Mwicks. I just ordered some wire and plugs fom Zebra for my capture corded system,
Pierre at Mapleshade said he corded his Denon 3520 to great effect and Toronto Ken an Aker said he corded his KA 7300 to great effect also.

Got my Zebra ZC-PWR12 power cable in the mail today.........

It's awesome! As soon as I switched over from the stock generic power cable on my amp to the Zebra, everything immediately became cleaner, more present and generally warmer! I really didn't expect a power cable to make this much of a difference, but I'll be damned!

Glad to hear it, and not surprised either. I definitely noticed the sound became cleaner when I started upgrading my power cords, and, although the Zebra is a great one and it wasn't necessary, I bought a Cardas Golden power cord. I got it for a discounted price mind you, those go for over $400 new! At that point there was definitely an improvement, but it was a lot harder to describe, so I just describe the sound as "bigger," if that makes any sense.

Glad to hear it, and not surprised either. I definitely noticed the sound became cleaner when I started upgrading my power cords, and, although the Zebra is a great one and it wasn't necessary, I bought a Cardas Golden power cord. I got it for a discounted price mind you, those go for over $400 new! At that point there was definitely an improvement, but it was a lot harder to describe, so I just describe the sound as "bigger," if that makes any sense.

I know exactly what you mean by bigger, hahaha.

Did you upgrade the power cable on a CD player by chance? I've been thinking of getting a slightly cheaper Zebra power cable for my Apollo, but I don't know how much of a difference it'd make.

Back
Top Bottom