Cage The Elephant show in Lafayette

ooba tooba

They're my wife's favorite band right now, and for her birthday I wanted to take her to see them and was hoping to catch them on a date they weren't playing a giant festival. Got tix for Elliott Hall at Purdue so we booked a room and made the 4 hr drive there. They put on a fantastic show and played everything she wanted to hear, plus an outstanding cover of Tom Petty's Last dance with Mary Jane (for the Indiana crowd) back at the hotel, who should walk into our elevator but Matt, their singer! We talked Music and thanked him for a great show. (He's a big Yardbirds fan) took a few pics, and he invited us to Harry's Chocolate Bar for drinks! Hell of an entertainer, and nice guy. Needless to say, my wife was floored:thumbsup:
IMG_3985.JPG
Thanks Matt (and the rest of Cage) for making our weekend great!

Thanks Jazzy! We had an awesome time. Since it was within a few minutes, we even stopped at Shannon Hoon's (of Blind Melon) grave to leave a penny, and pour one out.
IMG_3988.JPG
IMG_3986.JPG
Tiny little cemetery in the country

They're my wife's favorite band right now, and for her birthday I wanted to take her to see them and was hoping to catch them on a date they weren't playing a giant festival. Got tix for Elliott Hall at Purdue so we booked a room and made the 4 hr drive there. They put on a fantastic show and played everything she wanted to hear, plus an outstanding cover of Tom Petty's Last dance with Mary Jane (for the Indiana crowd) back at the hotel, who should walk into our elevator but Matt, their singer! We talked Music and thanked him for a great show. (He's a big Yardbirds fan) took a few pics, and he invited us to Harry's Chocolate Bar for drinks! Hell of an entertainer, and nice guy. Needless to say, my wife was floored:thumbsup:
View attachment 882038
Thanks Matt (and the rest of Cage) for making our weekend great!

That is extremely cool. I like them too. I got my daughter tickets to see Bastille on the 24th of this month the wife and I will drop her and her friend off at the concert and then go have a bite to eat and pick them up after. I told her she has to get the T-shirt so that'll cost me another 40 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom