Calling all AK members

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
You guys may have noticed I wanted to have a get together at my place. Well it blossomed into this

I would like to extend an invitation to All members to converge on a Hotel ( To be named ) in Southfield Michigan on February the 21st of 2004.

We now will have ( hopefully ) several rooms for members to roam to. In each room we hope to have several different systems for our listening enjoyment. Plus Food and if allowed your favorite beverage.

We have a few different Companies lined up to showcase their gear and are hoping to add a couple of more.

There should be a wide variety of SS, SET, Tube and Vintage gear for everyone.

This is not meant to take the place of MAF but a way for us all to just have a great time.

If you are interested in attending, displaying your gear and having a blast drop me a note in this thread, PM or Email me.

Thanks and I hope to see ya all there.

Grumpy

Hey Grumpy,

I will almost certainly be able to attend and could easily bring any gear that might make sense. Hesitate to move the Table but the Lector, Foreplay, Seduction and/or Axiom's would be up for a trip.

Brad

Sounds like a cool idea....I wonder if that is off season for me, maybe I can drive with my gear.....

Most of my stuff is vintage rather than audiophile, but I probably could bring the La Scalas over if anyone wanted to hear them. I'd love to hear them driven by some nice tube gear; I haven't played them at all since I got them last summer (room and weight issues). I also could bring over the Time Windows, maybe a set of double/stacked Advents, and whatever else I happen to have at the time.

Grumpy will be the only one closer; it will be minutes away to me, so it's no big deal at all to go and get something.

Sounds like it will be quite a party!

One other thing. Can i get a rough head count on how many may be attending. Still trying to figure out how much space we need. Thanks

Grumpy

Sorry I live too far away to attend but I will be there in spirit.

Have a great time guys :) :)

Lefty

Hotels and unscheduled "sweet music" aka noise

Grumpy,

I's suggest that you make sure the hotel knows what it is you have planned. They may kybosh the whole thing as they see sound equipment being wheeled in. They generally don't like events that will bother other guests from the noise.

I tried to get a motel room recently in Windsor to do some speaker and amp evaluations and almost every motel turned me down. We ended up getting a corporate meeting suite, but even then we didn't let it all hang out like we should have for what we were trying to accomplish.

Might be better to rent a Church basement hall. Plenty of those probably underused.

I'm gonna make a whole hearted attempt to make it...can't write anything in stone at this time....

also depends if I can get a kitchen pass or not :dunno:....or she might want to come..... :scratch2:

Man I wish I could come!

Andyman sounds like you don't need those LaScalas you should sell them to me ;)

Rob

I discussed in great detail the happenings of this get together with the hotel coordinator's. I informed them that Music is the number one reason for this gathering and they assured me of no problems.

The hotels i am considering are for the most part convention centers very similar to the layout of the one where MAF was held.
At one of them there are no adjoining guest rooms.

I have not ruled out just renting something like a whole Hall which would give us much more room but at the cost of sonics. Most around here echo big time and would ruin the music for most i think. I am still going to look into this one some more.

The Convention center i go to look at tomorrow has 4 smaller rooms back to back which i thought would be perfect for setting up a set room, SS room, Tube room and finally a gathering and chowing down room. Each room can easily hold up to around 25 people.

I have hopefully lined up a few vendors for us and was considering a small swap meet if there was enough interest.

All suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated since this is all new to me and somewhat time consuming. Makes me really wish i just had a larger house :D

Thor:

I may sell them, but I gotta hear them first. I just haven't had the time (or room) to move things around to give them a legit listen. I keep on reading about all these folks that have had them for bazillions of years and will have them buried with them, so I gotta know.

If I like em, I gotta fit them (and move them!). My main rig is in the basement room, but that's also where all four computers (stereo isn't the only thing at sales I buy) and the kids craft tables are, so it's tough for me to "air it out" when someone is down there (and SpongeBob is on the tube). How Grumpy manages with his modest home, big family, and no basement is beyond me. Another kicker is that all my walls, doors, and halls are in the wrong places.

Bottom line is that they may go on sale, but it won't be soon.

Oohhh Man! I'd love to go, but unfortunately the last week of Feb is when my family is having a get together.

Please listen to some tunes and evaluate some equipment for me.

Ray

Dang I was hoping you could of made it

Sigh........As usual, left coasters are left out again. I knew I moved to the wrong part of the country. Hope ya'll have a great time, just give those of us who are not there lots of pics.

I'll be there. I can bring some gear too. Nothing fancy, but sometimes it's nice to have spares.

Count me in!

I'll definitely be bringing some of my new Yamamoto Sound Craft gear, and perhaps some Audio Note and Cain & Cain loudspeakers as well.

Any other requests?

So what do we call this thing ?

We need a name for this little get together. Any suggestions?

Audiokarmathon
Audiokarma Kamp
AK Fest
AK Fair

Back
Top Bottom