Calling all AK'ers......

Discussion in 'Music Forums' started by VinylHanger, Jun 16, 2006.

1. VinylHanger

VinylHanger Navigaret ex ironia

I just wanted to extend an official invitation to join in on the daily music threads. It is a great way to get to know your fellow music lovers and learn about new tunage. I think I can go out on a limb here and say that we all listen to music. So it always surprises me when there are only a few diehards that visit the threads each day. Come on over, it is fun and only takes a few seconds to brag on the great tunes you got spinning.

P.S. This is also a challenge to certain noticeably absent mods....... you guys do listen to music don't you?

RockFanatic likes this.
  2. Justen

Justen Send Lawyers,Guns & Money

Music? You mean all this gear actually does something? I thought I just collected it, like used stamps...

ELzekio and analog like this.
  3. Fisher-Dave

Fisher-Dave Super Member

I spun CCR,and John Cougar on one of the TT's today,sounded good to :thmbsp:

4. Drybasement

Drybasement Hold the ketchup... Subscriber

Hey, Ernie was over here proclaiming his love for Doc Severinson a little while ago. If anybody can admit that than there should be no worries. ;)

Cheers

5. Negotiableterms

Negotiableterms Administrator Staff Member Admin Subscriber

Music? Do you understand that forcing your gear to play that stuff makes it wear out at a much faster rate? Damn...just sit there and look at the pretty lights while you type, like the rest of us!

6. Strangeband

Strangeband AK Member and Ale Monger Subscriber

Sometimes I think that I may be the only person on earth listening to an obscure album or CD at that moment---and as far as I know, I may be unless someone posts the same title on the daily song list here.

7. ZebraBlvd

ZebraBlvd AK Subscriber Subscriber

Do you think it would be okay in short bursts of 10 minutes or so. I'm really starting to miss the sound. :tears:

8. arrow 68

arrow 68 Super Member

Doc Severinson is, or was a great trumpet player. I have heard him on several releases, but Dizzy Gillespie's "Perceptions" is the one I have him on.

9. bu9du1

bu9du1 New Member

Tunes today -JJ Cale

Just have to hear some JJ every day!!! Shame so many people don't know the man who has written so much great music that others have made famous.Clapton has done many of Mr. Cales songs and has played so often with the JJ Cale sound and style.In fact I just picked up the new CD by JJ Cale and Eric Clapton together, "The Road To Escondido".Good stuff,other guests on this disc-John Mayer,Billy Preston,Gary Gilmore,Taj Mahal,Albert Lee,and others , including Derek Trucks...That reminds me, I sure as hell CANT go a day without some Allman Brothers :thmbsp:

10. ticntoc

ticntoc Active Member

Doc Severinson is still around. I saw him last year with the Long Beach Pops and a small jazz band. He still has it, blew the doors off the place.

Latest spins on the Dual; Fleetwood Mac, Live. and James Taylor.

Glenn

11. OvenMaster

OvenMaster Ears Of Tin Subscriber

Crap. I thought the gear was just to make the room warmer. My power company loves me for it. Besides, if I actually used my equipment, I might have to replace a part someday!
    Tom

12. Negotiableterms

Many years ago, it was thought that gear was useful for listening to music. Modern science has taught us that music is supposed to be live, or via iPod.

Gear is useful primarily to heat the room and for ambience from the pretty lights. This is the underlying explanation for the resurgence of tube gear, which glows and is warm, and McIntosh gear, with its large blue meter lights.

13. ozmoid

ozmoid Lunatic Member

It is thoughtful, informative, illuminating posts like this that keep me coming back to AK. :nerd:

Silly me, this whole time I've been listening to music. I never would have realized...

14. tentoze

tentoze Twangophile

Naw, I read today in another thread that those little capsistor thangs might last 500 years.

15. Negotiableterms

It's being called things like "thoughtful, informative, illuminating" that keep me coming back to AK. Elsewhere, they usually tell the truth...

16. Negotiableterms

And from a very authoritative source, at that.

17. tentoze

tentoze Twangophile

"Live by the foma that serve you best."

-The Books of Bokonon-

18. Negotiableterms

Ah, the official religion of engineers. I find the service is better if I tip more.

19. bob s

bob s Active Member

Not rock , but ROCKS !

For you classical music lovers, or just something new, try listening to the soundtrack for "Pirates of the Caribbean, at world's end".
    It is a great soundtrack, composed by Hans Zimmer.
    The tracks are mostly very dynamic and will test the guts of your music system.

My wife and I were on a road-trip, I picked the CD up on a whim, put it into the changer in our Pontiac Grand Prix and was blown away with the music, I hope you like it

20. n8thesk8

n8thesk8 Well-Known Member

Remember, Music first, then stereo.