Calling all AK'ers......

Discussion in 'Music Forums' started by VinylHanger, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Spellbinder

Spellbinder My Spine Is The Bassline Subscriber

No, I am not. The PM I received said other regulars in the Music Forums felt the same way. I apparently was looking "thick" with my posts and was told it was a "chemistry" thing and that I shouldn't feel bad. Basically was told to move on.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  2. roninpunkboy

roninpunkboy New Member

ah fellow ak'ers most you are lucky enough to have a system to listen to your prefrred choice of grooves.i am currently reduced to listening to music via sony vaio laptop and a pair of akg headphones or when i am on the move a creative zen player with said headphones. in spite of that i am switching between
    dead can dance (self compiled)
    renegade soundwave (self compiled)
    misty in roots - live at the counter eurovision
    front 242 - fuck up evil & evil off

3. Zygmo

Zygmo Super Member

These forums are about MUSIC??? :saywhat: No wonder I was lost!

4. Zygmo

Zygmo Super Member

Give me some Fleetwood Mac. Or the new Mick Fleetwood Blues Band.

I have read several times that Fleetwood Mac songs are very seldom on people's top lists...but their albums are usually on people's top lists.
    Go figure. :scratch2:

5. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

Vinylhanger,
    although I'm not a non-contributor to this forum,I don't visit it as often as I might.That shall change.

Anyone who'd prefer that I didn't,can speak now if they wish... :D

6. meggy

meggy AK Subscriber Subscriber

You know there's some really great live versions from Quicksilver as in "The Carousel Ballroom 1968", "Lost Gold & Silver", and others. It's not just on "Happy Trails". Same with Mona. Check out "Live at the Kabuki Theatre".

7. Payneman

Payneman Active Member

Today I listened to Supertramp "Even in the Quietest Moments & Nektar 14 Down to Earth a great live album.

8. Kismet1968

Kismet1968 :)

hmm

I just find that funny.

9. newguy1

newguy1 Super Member

Maybe you guys are going to jump down on me a little.......normally I'm an alternative/blues type of guy. Generally I love that dark, written in a minor key type of music, but lately I just can't get enough pop type music. Have I fallen ill?

10. Mozart1220

Mozart1220 Active Member

Wow! the last post on this is two years old? Well, I'll revive it. After getting my Baby Advents refoamed and adding a halfway decent sub, I have found new respect for Rush "Moving Pictures". Say what you want about Rush, but that album sounds GREAT.

fcleff69 likes this.
  11. hbd85

hbd85 Active Member

it should be alive.
    ahhh Rush, you try the album "Clockworks Angel" which was released in 2012 yet? They're still very young, i guess =))

12. Mozart1220

Mozart1220 Active Member

I buy every Rush album the instant it's released. :thmbsp::yes:

fcleff69 likes this.
  13. Klipshman

Klipshman Well-Known Member

I can't think of many types of music I don't like...but that does include RAP and heavy metal. Anything else is ok. I get a nostalgic craze now and then and want to listen to Guess Who and American Woman or These Eyes. Other times it's Jim Reeves and Patsy Cline. Tomorrow it may be Bread or James Taylor. It's nice to be a little varied.:smoke:

14. fcleff69

fcleff69 Member

I love that album. Huge Rush fan here. I've seen every tour since 1987 when I first saw them on the Show of Hands tour supporting Hold Your Fire.

f

15. Balrog2112

Balrog2112 Active Member

Huge RUSH fan here , seen them at less 35 times. But just got turned on to a band Rival Sons and have been wearing out my copy of Before The Fire.

16. olson_jr

olson_jr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Only saw them a couple of times. I blame my midrange hearing loss on one of their shows at the Michigan Palace in 1974.

17. Balrog2112

Balrog2112 Active Member

Really midrange, figured Geddy's voice would take out the high end! Lol

18. olson_jr

Funny, it also seems to affect the same frequency as my wife's voice as I can not hear her out of my right ear, especially in the car, when she is telling me how and where to drive.

19. Balrog2112

Balrog2112 Active Member

Maybe it was those hi watt amps Alex was using back then, cause I got that same problem. Or so am told.

20. olson_jr

HiWatt what?