Calling all Classic Car Owners

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Admin
Super Mod
Subscriber
Hi Guys,
This post is for all the Classic Car owners, and lovers of Classic Cars, that live in the Metro Detroit area. Grumpy and I love to go to "Cruises", for those of you that don't know what a "Cruise" is, let me tell you. A "Cruise" is a gathering of Classic, or unique, cars. We all meet in one place, pull out the lawn chairs, sit for hours and talk about our cars or anything that we feel like talking about. :thmbsp:
Well, I happen to Manage an Einstein Bros. Bagel Restaurant in Southfield, MI. Not to long ago I had to come up with a business plan to increase sales and customer flow thru my store. Being that there were no local Cruises on Sunday afternoon, I decided to try to see if I could hold a Cruise myself. Well after 2 months of talking to all the right people in the city I was given the OK. :banana:

So here it is....

Every Sunday thru the Summer I will have a Car Cruise at my Restaurant. I will offer food discounts for anyone that comes is a Classic Car. I will have give aways, and I will be giving Trophies out and the end of the year. So please let everyone you know about this weekly Cruise. Even if you don't own a Cruisin' Car, come and see me, and if your lucky, you might catch a glimpse of Grumpy, sitting with my car.

So here it is:
Einstein Bros Bagels
Classic Car Cruise
29191 Southfield Road
Southfield, Michigan 48075
(248)557-9892

Every Sunday From 2pm - 5pm

I look forward to seeing you there.......

Nancy

Directions:

From the West: take 96 east to 696 east, exit at Southfield road and go north (left). I am just north of 12 mile on the west (left hand) side.

From the East: take 696 west, exit at Southfield road and go north (right). I am just north of 12 mile on the west (left hand) side.

From the North: Go south to 12 mile and take that to Southfield road. Turn north onto Southfield road and I will be on your left.

From the South: Go north to 696 (take that east or west depending upon where you live) and follow directions as listed above (coming from the east or west)

If you have any questions call me at the Store Sunday..I will be there at 4:30am. 248-557-9892

Nancy

Which one

Just tell me which one and I will drive right up. Maybe a volunteer could drive another one. . . . . :naughty:

Not mine. . .Yet

Actually I have been singing the praises of classic cars here in the midwest to my little brother. . . I think for the right occasion he will bring a bunch out here for me to sell and give him a chance to nose around for more. He already ships them all over the world. Inventory is kinda low and he is due for a buying spree. . .

Here you go Nancy, maybe this will help folks once they get close.

Wow! I envy your "drive" to work!
What is that a mile and a quarter???

Wow,Nice pics,if I ever win the big one,a 67,or was it 68-69 396 Chevelle is at the top of my list,the one with the nicely sloped back rear window,in a teal blue.A friend of mine from high school had an older brother, who bought one brand new, got it balanced and blueprinted right out of the factory,he picked us up from school,man was that guy fast on a 4-gear...just slammed us back in the seats...What a Rush!!!I was hooked,there were some awesome wheels around in that era,Shelby Mustangs,Shelby Cobra,RoadRunner's,Super Bee,Plymough GTX,Dodge Charger Daytona,Rambler Scrambler,Camaro's & Fire Birds...nothin but Pure Horsepower and free flowin Headers...Definately an adrenaline rush!...Kenny

Last edited:
Andyman..when you have to be at work at 3:30am it is nice to live that close. BUT..when someone doesn't show up...guess who they call? hmmmmmm...even at 4am! And Thanks for the map...much appreciated.

Sunday cruise

Hi:
You are gonna have a lot of competition from Bakers in Milford.
Bakers has one of the biggest cruises in the area.
Ed

Nah Bakers is pretty far away and much larger.

edlipman said:
Hi:
You are gonna have a lot of competition from Bakers in Milford.
Bakers has one of the biggest cruises in the area.
Ed
Especially with beer, brats, dogs and burgers cooked outside over coals, somehow that seems to make a car show special!! OK, here's the solution, Southfield for bagels, Milford for dinner, Dave.
http://www.bakersofmilford.com/index.html

Bakers, the weekly raffle, most prizes are worth $50 or less, plus there's a 50-50 raffle, MS Grumpy; a raffle might be a neat idea, they charge $20 for tickets the length of the car, I make out good with my 69 Olds Custlass Vista Cruiser. :scratch2:

Awwww, man, sure do wish I was closer...Would bring the '67 Lincoln convertible-it's a real hoot watching the top go up & down...-Sandy G.

Back
Top Bottom