Calling all Infinitesimal Owners

audiomagnate

Addicted Member
What do you hear when you switch the contour switch from A to B? I know what the switch does electronically, I just want know what you are hearing. I have installed an identical switch on my 2.5s and I want to see if my results agree.

Well, I guess I'll be the first to admit I hear no audible difference between a and b. I have the 0.1 and it pretty much sounds the same to me. Maybe if I rebuilt the crossovers I would hear a difference or maybe there's something wrong inside. The response on my rta app looks the same as well. With the large woofer of the 2.5 perhaps the difference would be more noticeable.
Jim

QUOTE:

Infinitesimal Contour Switch

Yooo, And I quote from an original owners manuel: In position A' response below 70 HZ is increased and response between 100 and 250HZ is decreased. This is useful for cars or mid bass heavy situations. In position B' the response below 70 HZ is reduced and the response between 100 and 250 HZ is increased. This gives a warmer sound and is useful in a home enviroment. Ok; thats it; Adjust it to your taste!! Sr65

Back
Top Bottom