Calling All Motorola Consoles!!!

Thats a nice console. Is it record player only? It looks like a 1963 model. The amp has a 10/63 date on it. Its just a couple of months newer than my Motorola which has an 8/63 date on it.
John

Yes, it has only record player.

Binh

Good news everyone!

Google has been going on with this ambitious "scan every newspaper / book ever" campaign called Google Books

Well, this includes vintage newspapers along with vintage ads

and I found my SK54!

http://books.google.com/books?id=H08EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA88&dq=SK54+motorola&lr=#v=onepage&q=SK54%20motorola&f=false

If you want to find your model, go to www.google.com/books and type in the search your model number followed by motorola, see what comes up!

Edit:

Wow, my console went for $695 big ones in 1960, that's nearly $5,000 today - http://books.google.com/books?id=LS...otorola&lr=#v=onepage&q=SK54 motorola&f=false

I could find mine

Thanks for the google books link. The ads for Motorola Consoles are great as well as all the other vintage ads.

MickeySmile your SK163 is one beauty of a console. It looks brand new!

Last edited:
here's mine - a 1956 HF66 hi fi that my Dad bought. It has PP 6V6's in it and 4 Jensen drivers (a 15" woofer and 3 4" tweeters)
I just rebuilt the amp, cleaned the TT up and replaced the stylus. It sounds quite good.

Jim

Attachments

• Motorola Hi Fi - Front View.jpg
    Motorola Hi Fi - Front View.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Motorola Hi Fi - Side View.jpg
    Motorola Hi Fi - Side View.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 184
  • VM 1200 turntable.jpg
    VM 1200 turntable.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 172
here's mine - a 1956 HF66 hi fi that my Dad bought. It has PP 6V6's in it and 4 Jensen drivers (a 15" woofer and 3 4" tweeters)
I just rebuilt the amp, cleaned the TT up and replaced the stylus. It sounds quite good.
Jim:

That is just lovely! If you look back to the first page of this thread, it looks very much like my mono unit. But yours looks to be in even better condition and you have a personal connection with its history which makes it even more special. Cherish it (and the memories associated with it), enjoy it and pass it down within your family when the time comes.

Yeah, Glenn Miller! :thmbsp:

Dave

Picked up the SK54 today - looks great and works 100%, even the tape input (which I plan on using via my Marantz 2230 which has my turntable / reel to reel / etc. hooked up to it

Thing sounds great though :)

Pictures @ Flickr

very pretty. one thing i absolutly adore about the moto's is the large #'s on the radio dial. so much more appealing than the leds

ok picked up the sk79 today. trhe cabinet will be here in a day or 2 but i do have the amp. the output trannies seem so tiny but there are a ton of 6V6GTA tubes in this thing.
not so sure i am all that impressed with the electronics in this one, it does have the vibrasonic feature. The cab is in decent shape, love the styling of this drexel... the cab pic from the ad, will post better pics soon

Last edited:
Note to all motorola owners the manuals to all models here have just recently been listed on ebay under vintage stereo manuals.

OK,
Went and checked out the SK31 today after work. Really did not like it but this is a run down of what it had in the way of hardware. Basically the same tuner, preamp and amp as Relaximus's SK28. It also had a 15" Jensen woofer in center cabinet. The 2 speaker cabs each housed 2 golden voice mid-range drivers and 2 Jensen tweeters.
The speaker cabs were maybe a foot deep if that and had the fiber-board backs with the big holes like all the moto consoles I have seen. It was in decent shape although pretty dirty. Seller would not back down from asking price enough to tempt me..

Hey I found this on my local craigslist (not affiliated)!

So can any one give me some more info on this console? Is it tube based, 3 channel, watts, what speakers, year made???

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
hi,
link no-workie... but the add says SK-106W so i would have to trust seller on this looks as though could be moto number... really don't know about the hardware in that one myself, pobably worth a looksie.

pics posted for prosterity sake.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom