Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

I've flirted with both a C4 and a C6 recently but I'm worried I'll be disappointed with the lack of loudness control. I know, I know, but I need it since I do most of my listening late at night with wife and young kids asleep in the house.

I've migrated from my CA-810 to an RX-850 of early 90s vintage. Gotta swap em out every once in a while, keep things fresh. I gotta say, it gives up nothing in terms of sound and is built like the proverbial brick outhouse at 19 inches deep and about 35 pounds. Pictures don't adequately describe the size of this beast.

Yamaha_RX-V850_up_700x356_pixels.gif

Last edited:
I used to sell the RX-850 and I picked one up a while ago to play around with. Excellent receiver, quite reliable, very substantial and very much under the radar. They usually go for bargain prices.
90's Yamaha receivers are just beginning to be appreciated for their true quality. BPC they are not!

I used to sell the RX-850 and I picked one up a while ago to play around with. Excellent receiver, quite reliable, very substantial and very much under the radar. They usually go for bargain prices.
90's Yamaha receivers are just beginning to be appreciated for their true quality. BPC they are not!

My first receiver was an RX-360, 1993 build that my dad gave me when I was 13 or so. I had that for a good 20+ years and never really wanted for anything else. If I ever find another one in really good shape I'm going to grab it.

Here we go, recently acquired as a set (apart from the speakers)...

Also got a spare amp which doesn't work properly (one for another thread I think).

Attachments

• 20170730_165004.jpg
    20170730_165004.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 20170730_165004.jpg
    20170730_165004.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 81
At one point I had a Yamaha CA-1010 integrated and T-1 tuner, both acquired cheaply and in excellent shape. I foolishly sold them. Not a good move. :no: Oh well, at least they went to someone here on AK. I recently picked up a CA-810 and CT-800 which eases the pain.

YamahaStack1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom