Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Yes can see them fine also. Just recently bought a ca-2010 and matching tuner. After selling my cr-2020, I had to get one of these. Price hasn't skyrocketed on these like so much other gear.

I love it.

It's critical that the output impedance of the YPC-1 (10k ohm) is a good match for the input impedance of the amplifier. While it works very well with the M-2 the best match I've found is with the B-1 which has an input impedance of 100k ohm.

Cool, I have the B-5 so should be same as M-2. It's so wild to see a pre with no cord but I guess the idea is that it truly gets out of the way.

New just come....
  • Tuner T-S1000
  • New Wood for A-S3000 ....now it's look nice :)
94e659bc915e4e9e0c16a276f386b043_1.jpg

I've long been more partial to Pioneer and Onkyo gear, but when putting together a phono system for my daughter I got a VS-2092 as part of a package deal. Going through Definitive Technology BP-8's I was convinced. Great, warm sound, plenty of power. Based on that I picked up its baby brother a RX-V955 in perfect shape for $25 through the local classifieds.

They're both ugly to me, but man do they sound good and fell like they're built very well.

I recently picked up this pair of Yamaha NS-200m (on left) and they're just incredible speakers. Unlike most other Yamahas, they're actually warm sounding, with slightly rolled off highs. I can listen to these for hours on end and never get fatigued.
They are about to undergo a full cosmetic restore with real wood veneer and crossover recap.
To their right, just for this pic I put the tiny NS-1000mm for comparison. Cool little micro monitors, only 10.75" high, that are currently my desktop monitors. They're very good for nearfield.

I wouldn't mind getting a CA-1010 or 2010 but their prices have been raised a lot recently.

I've had both the CA-1010 and CA-810. Foolishly sold the 1010 but still have the 810. Unless you need that extra power, the 810 might be for you. Much more affordable. Also has the variable loudness (which I like), which the 1010 doesn't have. Here's my 810 paired with a CT-800 tuner. Sounds the same as the 1010 to me, just a little less power (but still has more than enough for most speakers).

Yamaha1.jpg Yamaha2.jpg

just picked up this Yamaha C-2x

IMG_0126 (net).jpg

IMG_0129 (net).jpg

IMG_0111 (net).jpg

IMG_0113 (net).jpg

IMG_0122 (net).jpg

The final refinement of the Yamaha benchmark C-2 and C-2a preamplifiers is the C-2x.

Special composite PCBs for all circuits. All wires including power chord are oxygen free copper. Gold plated brass RCA terminals.

Independent power supplies for the input and output sections. Independently shielded. Eight 4,700 uf power filter capacitors.

Low distortion, 0db, amplifier for all high level inputs. 2.2 M-ohm input impedance for DAD input. Independently shielded.

Low distortion, 0db, low impedance output amplifier. Independently shielded. High enough output to drive headphones to 6V/100 ohms (very nice headphone amp!). Four gang volume control and precise, ultra clean, high quality tone controls. 20hz to 20khz at 3v .001% THD. Maximum output 10v, 20hz to 20khz at 1% THD. 106db SNR. 90db channel separation at 0db.

A pair of high gm, low noise, FETs in parallel for phono equalizer with DC servo amplifier. The MC head amplifier has sixteen super low noise, complimentary paralleled, transistors. Phono circuit is independently shielded. 86db/85.5 S/N ratio, RIAA 20hz to 20khz +/- .2db. 94db/100db SNR. 76db/86db channel separation at 0db.

Just checked it out per SM and no adjustments needed. Totally clean inside and out with no signs of stress.This is the second C-2x I’ve owned. It really is a very, very fine and timeless preamplifier. It has a totally quiet and black background no matter what the volume setting. I also owned a C-2 for a while which is a fine preamplifier but not near the same performance level as the C-2x. The MC phono stage in particular is exceptional IMHO. The feel of quality to the controls and total operation is very high. Not sure how they get all 18 lbs of it all in such a small case?

Attachments

• IMG_0126 (net).jpg
    IMG_0126 (net).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 22
just picked up this Yamaha C-2x

View attachment 1135197

View attachment 1135198

View attachment 1135199

View attachment 1135200

View attachment 1135201

The final refinement of the Yamaha benchmark C-2 and C-2a preamplifiers is the C-2x.

Special composite PCBs for all circuits. All wires including power chord are oxygen free copper. Gold plated brass RCA terminals.

Independent power supplies for the input and output sections. Independently shielded. Eight 4,700 uf power filter capacitors.

Low distortion, 0db, amplifier for all high level inputs. 2.2 M-ohm input impedance for DAD input. Independently shielded.

Low distortion, 0db, low impedance output amplifier. Independently shielded. High enough output to drive headphones to 6V/100 ohms (very nice headphone amp!). Four gang volume control and precise, ultra clean, high quality tone controls. 20hz to 20khz at 3v .001% THD. Maximum output 10v, 20hz to 20khz at 1% THD. 106db SNR. 90db channel separation at 0db.

A pair of high gm, low noise, FETs in parallel for phono equalizer with DC servo amplifier. The MC head amplifier has sixteen super low noise, complimentary paralleled, transistors. Phono circuit is independently shielded. 86db/85.5 S/N ratio, RIAA 20hz to 20khz +/- .2db. 94db/100db SNR. 76db/86db channel separation at 0db.

Just checked it out per SM and no adjustments needed. Totally clean inside and out with no signs of stress.This is the second C-2x I’ve owned. It really is a very, very fine and timeless preamplifier. It has a totally quiet and black background no matter what the volume setting. I also owned a C-2 for a while which is a fine preamplifier but not near the same performance level as the C-2x. The MC phono stage in particular is exceptional IMHO. The feel of quality to the controls and total operation is very high. Not sure how they get all 18 lbs of it all in such a small case?
:bowdown:

^^^ that is way too cool looking!^^^

Hmm wonder what you could put in the empty spot?

Back
Top Bottom