Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Mr. Yamaha, very nice stuff. That Micro Seiki DDX-1000 looks really cool, too. Kinda like a Terminator turntable...
Here's a couple Yamaha pieces that I veneered in zebrano wood for a friend: CR-620 & YP-B4

Wow, that's a great veneer job :thumbsup: Yeah, I really like the looks of the Micro. I always wanted one. When I ask guests at home tho guess the age of this table, they all think it's a very modern and recent table. But it's 70's :naughty: How would this table even look at that time? Must've looked like something from outer space.

Fortunately, here in the UK, the BBC announced plans last month to abandon its FM switch-off plans, which is great news! As an aside, I actually bought my Yamaha T-1 from a chap in Norway who was selling it because of their switch-off. He was very sad about it, but I promised it a good home.

And, stoutblock, that CT-7000 is lovely - the black one is a rare sight.

Herr Yamaha, do you know what kind of wood came on these Japanese market components?
Thx!
Hello, I don't know. Not really an wood expert and I can't find anything about it.

Here's a good picture from the side. You can see the vertical stripes.

IMG_2679.jpg

It looks like the pattern has to do with the way of slicing the wood (it seems to be Quartered) and the color I don't know. Looks a bit like this:

upload_2018-4-11_16-17-41.png

That tuner is on my wanted list. It should sound even better than a T-2. The black variant is amazing looking :bigok:

Let's hope 'they' give us analog radio signals for 25 years to come, but I'm afraid 'they' will force us to DAB :confused: In Norway the FM signals are already being shut off: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/11/norway-begins-switching-off-analogue-radio

We have a few privately funded channels here in the northwest that are absolutly stellar with quality Jazz and Classical. There are a few others that are worth listening to but have way too many commercials. I will cry the day these better stations switch off...

We have a few privately funded channels here in the northwest that are absolutly stellar with quality Jazz and Classical
that is encouraging...you are very lucky then.
I am tired of hearing the garbage that pollutes our airwaves these days and it is sad to say that is the main reason I have not seriously considering a tuner...but if I were to ever look for one, a twin of yours would be at the very top of my list.

Last edited:
Fortunately, here in the UK, the BBC announced plans last month to abandon its FM switch-off plans, which is great news! As an aside, I actually bought my Yamaha T-1 from a chap in Norway who was selling it because of their switch-off. He was very sad about it, but I promised it a good home.

And, stoutblock, that CT-7000 is lovely - the black one is a rare sight.
Congrats on acquiring an excellent tuner. I had a T-1 which gave my Pioneer TX-9800 a run for its money. Both had been recently cleaned and aligned by professional techs so it was a fair comparison. The T-1 both looks and sounds great IMO.

photo 1.JPG

This beauty will go with the fresh M-2 and C-4 that @avionic restored for me and is shown above. Thanks to @rajoo for the free CDX-1110U! I bought the M-2 from him and in the end he threw in this great cd player. A very nice gesture that is much appreciated at this stage of my life. Have a nice Yamaha system now, just need to sort a rack to properly display them on, which entails more work than I like to think about at the moment, since I need to relocate a bunch of stuff to make it happen. In time....

Back
Top Bottom