1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Discussion in 'Yamaha' started by bully, Oct 28, 2003.

1. 3db

3db Active Member

My list includes the following AVRs RX-V1800 (purchased new), RX-V1900 and an RX-V1500 (purchased used), cassette decks 2 x KX-800 and a KX-630 used, and a BD-S681 (new) all of which is in steady use with the exception of the KX-630 as I haven't received it yet.

OMGCat! likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Mr. Yamaha

Mr. Yamaha Not so much Yamaha lately...

:needpics:

3. 3db

3db Active Member

Here are my pics of my complete systems.. That covers my RX-V1800/1900, the two KX-800s, and the BD-S681. :) I will set up my gallery later today. :)

Attached Files:

4. stoutblock

stoutblock If it sounds good, it is good... Subscriber

My Yamaha components in my office system. T-2 (rebuilt and aligned), C-2x (original and works perfect), M-4 (rebuilt and modified).

IMG_0291 (net).jpg

5. Vint Age

Vint Age B-1 With Yamaha

Very nice indeed!

stoutblock likes this.
  6. rxonmymind

rxonmymind AK Subscriber Subscriber

Woohoo. Taking a step further into Yamaha country.
    Bought a pair of Yamaha NS-200M speakers which was it's first night doing 2.1 channel duties. Watched two in a row and no ear fatigue. Wife said it sounds like the movie theater and my daughter likes it.
    Yes!
    Played the movie Coco for our daughter which had an emphasis on guitar. These speakers really did shine with that movie.
    As others have echoed these speakers produce just enough sparkle without hurting the ears while the mids are so smooth.
    Glad to have them.
    Sorry for the crappy photo. Still have to finish the stands but threw them in there tonight for movie duties.

Attached Files:

7. Yodathedog

Yodathedog Active Member

I had a pair of those for awhile. Liked them a lot. Unfortunately, I didn’t have room for them and moved them on. I just noticed a seller on the bay from Japan is asking nearly $2000 each for 2 pairs. I think that’s just a bit high.

8. Johnno_Oz

Johnno_Oz AK Subscriber Subscriber

Those big RX-Vs with the flip down covers are under appreciated. I've a pair of the older RX-V2090's

3db likes this.
  9. 3db

3db Active Member

I agree. In stereo mode driving only 2 channels, these beasts can easily hold their own against power amps with the same output rating. Even in 5 channel mode playing full range at 85 +db, I have yet to hear them strain with the PSB speakers that I have.

10. rxonmymind

Most of that is shipping cost me thinks. I hope.

11. Roboturner91

Roboturner91 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I've got an RX-V1 sitting around waiting for my HT room to be built. It is truly a monster. Weighs about 65 pounds. I'm going to have to get a much sturdier TV stand, I can't imagine the glass shelf on my current one lasting very long under all that weight.

3db likes this.

12. rxonmymind

Just missed out (5minutes!) on a free pair of Yamaha 500's with blown woofers. The gent said they were his mom's and they had them for forty years. I'm sure he's rounding up. It would have been sweet to hear those Beryllium tweeters or add them to the 200's I just purchased. I started too post this yesterday but thought oh snap, someone might offer money and free would be off the table when the guy showed up to get them. Hope those do get restored though.
    Looking for the BIG'UN.
    Yamaha FX-1! Baby!!! I like 15" woofers for some reason.
    Cheers.

13. Jeff Daniels

Jeff Daniels New Member

I'm in love with your Yamaha and Cerwin Vega setup.

14. lokerola

lokerola AK Subscriber Subscriber

My God - the Cerwin Vega's! How do like the more modern ones? I've only heard the vintage models (which I quite like).

15. DavidinNC

DavidinNC Member

C9531629-269D-445F-951C-1F65F367AA97.jpeg 1F1B8267-6483-4488-9213-F9C26C6E8782.jpeg My freshly refurbished CR-1020

heavyrock, Alz, OMGCat! and 4 others like this.
  16. JT-3

JT-3 Super Member

The 1020 has to make the top 5 list of most beautiful receivers of all time - love mine.

Alz likes this.

17. FrostEOne

FrostEOne Active Member

2 pair of Yamaha NS1000M speakers from 1974 15,xxx serial and 1975 33,xxx serial. Here's pic of the newer set accompanied by SVS SB2000 subs.
    [​IMG]

heavyrock, KrautNotRice, Alz and 3 others like this.
  18. Alz

Alz New Member

Hey guys new here . Running all NS yamaha gear mx-800/cx-630 pre. Tx800 tuner plus cx-800 and a pair of m65s somewhere in storage i have i beieive a cdx2and a double cassete deck . Also rx-v661 for surround

heavyrock, OMGCat! and avionic like this.
  19. Mark B

Mark B Yamaha Fan Subscriber

Those look great! Very nice stands.

FrostEOne and Alz like this.
  20. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

Welcome aboard....

Alz likes this.