Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Discussion in 'Yamaha' started by bully, Oct 28, 2003.

1. HH-Bham

HH-Bham AK Subscriber Subscriber

Been a Yamaha fan since 1981 when I bought my first stereo as a freshman in college in Raleigh, NC. Got a BOTL integrated amp and tuner. Had few other pieces since coming back into the hobby about 6 years ago. Use a CR820 in my bedroom daily.

Today got a good deal on a minty B2 and C2a. Sounding very good on my Altec 14s so far. Sorry for the cable clutter and poor presentation.
    IMG_0338.jpg

Attached Files:

OMGCat!, AsRock, stoutblock and 8 others like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. rottalpha

rottalpha Yamaholic Subscriber

A beast of an amp!
    Don't forget that it needs some TLC. Enjoy!

3. Vint Age

Vint Age B-1 With Yamaha

Congrats and very nice indeed! :thumbsup:

4. 808_state

808_state Well-Known Member

The GT got a new upgrade today...YDS-8!

0516181727.jpg

OMGCat!, AsRock, KrautNotRice and 5 others like this.
  5. Mr. Yamaha

Mr. Yamaha Not so much Yamaha lately... Subscriber

6. Rach3maninoff

Rach3maninoff Speaker Magnate

D643F57F-9CFB-4B94-A209-8045F580910C.jpeg 41960019-196B-480F-A78A-6FE56467F440.jpeg
    Yesterday, I officially retired my 31 year old Onkyo A-3057 with a new, yes new, Yamaha A-S501 as the heart of my 2-channel system, and am absolutely loving it. The sound is pure Yamaha - unpretentious, neutral and clean, living up to the Natural Sound trademark. Here are a few pics:

AsRock, KrautNotRice, boza and 3 others like this.

7. Vint Age

Vint Age B-1 With Yamaha

Mine's not so minty but it sure sounds superb. :thumbsup: My B-2 Sonic Beauty.jpg

8. rottalpha

rottalpha Yamaholic Subscriber

B-2 is built like a tank and it sounds ...YES Superb and I bet that is prolly an understatement, especially after it received the Vint Age touch ;)

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    heavyrock likes this.
  9. dly66

dly66 Active Member

Got this CT/CA-610II pair from a local Goodwill for $30. Loose speaker selector, blown driver transistor, and fusible resistors replaced and amp was good as new. Tuner no problem. Also has been recapped. Later I had some intermittent background burst noise gently tapping with a plastic tuner tool identified the offending transistors and after replacing the pair in both channels its been great.

IMG_20180521_020149.jpg IMG_20180521_020914.jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Johnno_Oz, OMGCat!, heavyrock and 6 others like this.
  10. dly66

dly66 Active Member

Also have a CR-800 needed new output transistors,fusible resistors, back panel fuse holder, and lights replaced. Still sounds good with the original caps. Pictured with my Sherwood sitting on top of it. Also had the fun of restringing the tuner.

Sherwood S-7200 Yamaha CR-800.jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Johnno_Oz, heavyrock, AsRock and 4 others like this.
  11. Mark B

Mark B Yamaha Fan Subscriber

Very elegant.

12. 3db

3db Member

My list includes the following AVRs RX-V1800 (purchased new), RX-V1900 and an RX-V1500 (purchased used), cassette decks 2 x KX-800 and a KX-630 used, and a BD-S681 (new) all of which is in steady use with the exception of the KX-630 as I haven't received it yet.

OMGCat! likes this.
  13. Mr. Yamaha

Mr. Yamaha Not so much Yamaha lately... Subscriber

:needpics:

14. 3db

3db Member

Here are my pics of my complete systems.. That covers my RX-V1800/1900, the two KX-800s, and the BD-S681. :) I will set up my gallery later today. :)

Attached Files:

15. stoutblock

stoutblock If it sounds good, it is good... Subscriber

My Yamaha components in my office system. T-2 (rebuilt and aligned), C-2x (original and works perfect), M-4 (rebuilt and modified).

IMG_0291 (net).jpg

16. Vint Age

Vint Age B-1 With Yamaha

Very nice indeed!

stoutblock likes this.

17. rxonmymind

rxonmymind AK Subscriber Subscriber

Woohoo. Taking a step further into Yamaha country.
    Bought a pair of Yamaha NS-200M speakers which was it's first night doing 2.1 channel duties. Watched two in a row and no ear fatigue. Wife said it sounds like the movie theater and my daughter likes it.
    Yes!
    Played the movie Coco for our daughter which had an emphasis on guitar. These speakers really did shine with that movie.
    As others have echoed these speakers produce just enough sparkle without hurting the ears while the mids are so smooth.
    Glad to have them.
    Sorry for the crappy photo. Still have to finish the stands but threw them in there tonight for movie duties.

Attached Files:

18. Yodathedog

Yodathedog Member

I had a pair of those for awhile. Liked them a lot. Unfortunately, I didn’t have room for them and moved them on. I just noticed a seller on the bay from Japan is asking nearly $2000 each for 2 pairs. I think that’s just a bit high.

19. Johnno_Oz

Johnno_Oz AK Subscriber Subscriber

Those big RX-Vs with the flip down covers are under appreciated. I've a pair of the older RX-V2090's

3db likes this.
  20. 3db

3db Member

I agree. In stereo mode driving only 2 channels, these beasts can easily hold their own against power amps with the same output rating. Even in 5 channel mode playing full range at 85 +db, I have yet to hear them strain with the PSB speakers that I have.