Calling Quadraflex 650 FET owners

Ok I tested the cap (I forget my multimeter will do limited cap testing) and it seems to be ok.

Would it be ok if I just soldered a wire from the rca negative to ground for now or would that cause some other problem?

Thanks Jason for checking that out, I appreciate that. Sounds like I'm in the ballpark for bias setting.

I did some soldering on the tuner board and got rid of the channel cutting out. Ive resoldered some grounds and also used a jumper from ground and moved it around to other ground points. What I found is if I hook the jumper up to ground then hook it to the negative connections for the tape input rca's the hum goes completely away. There is a small ceramic cap from the rca negative that goes to ground. Could this cap be bad or is there somewhere else I should look?

resurrecting from the dead here, but with soldering to fix a channel cutting. Were you having issues with your channels cutting out? Mine are cutting out intermittently, not totally out just really quiet and quiet static. Haven't cleaned it yet waiting for deoxit to arrive. Happening on every input. Is that the cutting out issue you were having (Sorry to ask to recall your 30 month old memories haha)

Back
Top Bottom