Cambridge Audio R40 Crossover Re-build

Zack512

Hi there,

I have been servicing a pair of Cambridge Audio R40 Crossovers and am looking for some information about the correct parts/configuration. I found this schematic on another forum: ...
2u5s1av.jpg

...Which is the schematic for the R50 crossovers, in which a 4001G super-tweeter is installed, the R40s are the same speaker however there is no super-tweeter present, and they appear to use the same crossover PCB.

The PCB appears to also have the availability to install two series resistors (R2 and R3), which would go between the negative input terminal and the B110's (Midrange) negative terminal. I am guessing this resistor configuration is used when the 4001G super-tweeter is not present in the speakers, i.e. on the R40s, however I can't find a schematic for the R40 crossover.

-Does anyone have a schematic for the R40 crossover?
-Are there supposed to be resistors installed in the R40 crossover to compensate for the lack of the super-tweeter?
-Could it be that R2 and R3 are used to attenuate the mid-range should the end user desire?

upload_2019-1-22_16-40-34.png

Thank you for any replies,
Zack

The way I have interpreted the crossover is:

20191214_203405.jpg

I believe this is an L-pad attenuator. Not sure why it is on the mid in the R40 and not the R50 though.

Back
Top Bottom