r50a.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 15
  • r50b.jpg
    r50b.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 19
  • r50c.jpg
    r50c.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 15
Not me but a nice link to some nice speakers. They are transmission lines and well thought of. They share the same basic design as a sort of vertical array IMF speaker. Use the same KEF B139/B110/early T27/Coles supertweeter as did many DIY British designs of the same era. The same speaker was featured as the B.J. Webb TL design in Audio Amateur circa 1975.

$229 was a steal of greatest proportions, except for the shipping tho'.

Regards,

Bart

great driver info Bart, yep, I'm thinkin they're a real nice sounding speaker. Drivers themselves were worth closeto, or more than the final bid... ya just cant get much today for $229bucks :)

not too sure lowvoltage, they look like the active type used in my IMF Pro Monitor MkIII's though. What's a pf? :scratch2:

A Passive Radiator is ...

Basically a driver without a voice coil or magnet structure. they were used in sealed cabs to enhance/tighten up the bass. Although the boxes were sealed/airtight the P/R did. in effect, act as a 'port'. finicky to tune for the home builder, because they required adding weights to the cone to get the right result. Polk and a host of other mfrs used 'em in the 70's and 80's. Most of 'em looked like ordinary speakers, but some of them were flat panel with a surround that looked a lot like that KEF. Hence the confusion on my part.

Mike

LowVoltage said:
Most of 'em looked like ordinary speakers, but some of them were flat panel with a surround that looked a lot like that KEF. Hence the confusion on my part.

Mike

Mike,

Your confusion is perfectly understandable, for KEF did make a passive radiator using the structure of the B139 bass driver, looking exactly alike from the front, which they used, for instance, on the famous Model 104 and 104/ab from the 70´s, reinforcing the bass provided by the B200 mid/bass unit.

Jorge

Back
Top Bottom