Cambridge speakers - anyone know these

rumblestrip

I have a chance to buy a pair of these for $80. They look awesome. But I can't find anything about them on line. Does anyone here know anything about these speakers, good, bad or otherwise?

$_27.JPG

Those are not bad for the price, if all the drivers work. The tweeter looks like a Foster ribbon, and the mids and woofers prob. all need refoam. Cambridge was a Canadian company.

The woofers look like they might have rubber or cloth surrounds, so you may be OK there. Midrange looks a bit suspect, and why is it mounted off-center like that? Very strange. Before you purchase, try to find any other pics online (a model number will be very helpful here) and ensure that the drivers are original.

Cambridge Audio had its origins in Cambridge, England
Cambridge SoundWorks is a Massachusetts-based consumer audio manufacturer

Just trying to offer some clarity. Not sure what co. made those speakers however.

Cambridge Audio had its origins in Cambridge, England
Cambridge SoundWorks is a Massachusetts-based consumer audio manufacturer

Just trying to offer some clarity. Not sure what co. made those speakers however.
Not the same Cambridge. There is a Cambridge speaker manufacturer in Cambridge Ontario Canada. The ones on the OP are more likely from there.
I think they were affiliated with RSC and or Marsland, but i could be wrong...

Looks like quality drivers were used- I know that ribbon tweeter when crossed over properly. Maybe a SEAs or CTS mids, quality wood veneer cabs ?
DC

Back
Top Bottom