Can anyone identify these Goodmans Speakers/Drivers?

dnostereo

Just bought them and haven't picked up as yet. I've got some Goodmans stuff but no idea what these might be. Anyone got any idea? Thanks :)

I know what they are and where they come from since I recently opened a pair of Tandberg Hifi System 11!
The number HTB113/4 indicates with 100% certainty that it's a Tandberg speaker.
I was earlier sure that it's a Goodmans unit since it has that black,soft suspension seen on other Goodmans speakers,the right color and that old "shelf" used long ago as a mounting for transformers.
Your Goodmans label now confirms this.Thank you!
Picture of my Tandberg 11:

Attachments

• tandberg hifi 11 woofer.jpg
    tandberg hifi 11 woofer.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 53
I know what they are and where they come from since I recently opened a pair of Tandberg Hifi System 11!
The number HTB113/4 indicates with 100% certainty that it's a Tandberg speaker.
I was earlier sure that it's a Goodmans unit since it has that black,soft suspension seen on other Goodmans speakers,the right color and that old "shelf" used long ago as a mounting for transformers.
Your Goodmans label now confirms this.Thank you!
Picture of my Tandberg 11:

Wow! I didn't see that coming. And I don't think too many others could have made that connection. Thank you and well done!

I just had a bit of a look around at the Tandberg 11, very rare and go for a fair bit more than the $27 I paid for these as Goodmans, very different boxes and I'm not too sure if with a tweeter. I'm guessing they were made by Goodmans and rebadged by Tandberg. Perhaps the other way around. Also guessing the vintage would be about mid 60's? I haven't seen the front; are they a dual cone by chance?

Really impressed that you were able to identify them. The big question..do they sound any good?

Thanks again :)

A Picture of the front reveals it's a common woofer.I have no knowledge of any data.
You can also see the black Peerless tweeter beside it.

Attachments

• tandberg hifi 11 front.jpg
    tandberg hifi 11 front.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 45
Thanks Rolf, thats definitely them. Picked them up today and they surprisingly sound really nice; and have a tweeter as well. Don't know what it is..I'll pull it out at some stage and have a look. Would it be the same by chance? Really happy with how these sound :)

Back
Top Bottom