Can anyone make sense of this ad???

Help me to translate this gibberish! Not that I have any interest in buying those, but just to keep my sanity!
Here it is
upload_2017-6-19_12-58-28.png

And the text:

Hifidelity Audio 3 way Tower Loudspeaker - $1500 Firm must sell to make room for bigger model. Come over for a listen. . $4,000 INVESTED - only 3 months old.
Before passing any judgement ,without question you will not find anywhere
A loudspeaker at 2x the money that will be this well built or refined .Over 30 years
Of experience and research went into this. Take any $4k mass produced speaker for example
The cabinet or parts are built to a Low price point which I have documented below
These are truly refined and built to last .Research the market
At $1500 you get made in China. less then 25% of the build actually
Goes into any commercially build speakers. These speakers $4,000 and 50% or more went into the build .If you take the time to hear them you will buy them ,
They are that good. My new speakers are 4x more and demand the space.

The cabinet - 1 inch thick front Baltic Birch ply - The Best A grade,everyother part same Baltic Birch

In 3/4 inch thick, separation chamber for Bass 3/4 inch thick 2 cubic ft internal volume 3 inch rear

Precision port . Internally laterally internally reinforced,as well as around Woofer .all Bostic Acoustic

Glue used throughout on every seam internally as well as in between joints and nailed.

For damping all internal vibration resonances. Upper Tweeter,Midrange 100% Natural Wool Felt used throughout,as well as back wall Acoustic damping rear wall. , for Bass cabinet 1/2 inch Acoustic

Open cell foam throughout.

Wiring top cabinet Supra - Sweden,high purity Copper AWG- 15, and for Bass - Supra AWG 13 high purity Copper.

All Speakers - drivers are crimped with NO SOLDER , use only Furutech 24k plated non magnetic Phosphor Bronze.

Which has effectively 6x more conductivity and much better sonic integrity then even the best solder.

The Crossover uses only Premium capacitors,inductors in all critical areas Hiigh frequency,Midrange .

German Mundorf- Supreme capacitors and Silver oil bypass caps for the Tweeter.

For the Midrange U.K - Clarity capacitor Best Copper C MR capacitors. For midbass- Low Bass- French Aeon power capacitors. INDUCTORS , Copper open core Jsntzen Denmark for Tweeter,Midrange. For midbass,lowbass Dayton - Solen Canada.

CROSSOVER connecting wire Neotech 5-9s pure Copper. Very minimal solder used to connect

Cardas,Best 4% Silver solder. The Loudspeaker terminals Cardas,Solid Copper for best possible

Conductivity.

The Loudspeaker drivers for the Tweeter the Classic Morel - MDT-29 1.3inch soft dome cast frame Large Ferrite magnet fluid damped and cooled.

For the Midrange Dual - 4 inch Vifa- Peerless wood pulp graphite composite cone Mid driver with the latest Open architecture Cast baskets for most efficient cooling. .Neodymium Boron high flux magnets .

BASS is the 10 inch Scan speak- latest Classic series Aluminum anodyzed Cast basket long throw

Woofer. The Loudspeaker sensitivity is a Very efficient 90db at 1w, 4 ohms load 2nd order .crossover frequencies 200- Bass, 2500 Tweeter for seamless driver transition.

All drivers we're matched paired to 2% or better tolerences. Linkwitz Riley crossover,capacitors also matched to within 2% .This speaker is very easy to drive .Once the Loudspeaker was completed

Zebra wood laminate over the Baltic Birch for a Very inert cabinet. - to install. Over 40 hours went into this build.

This is a very High quality professionally designed Loudspeaker . Parts express assisted on the crossover design as well parts connection on driver- crossover parts. The Loudspeaker is still running in and is sounding Very refined and well balanced within its frequency band which is

30 hz to 25khz, AND WEIGH JUST OVER 70 LBS.This Loudspeaker is A precision instrument. Please note the Majority of Loudspeakers

$10,000 or under use a far less expensive build process. mdf cabinet, Not thick Baltic Birch ply which is 3x

More expensive. One more thing,the reason most manufacturers do not speak of or display the heart of the Loudspeaker the Crossover is that they use very average parts at best. there is Nothing made in China in this build.Did you know In all commercially built Loudspeakers 25% of the cost of the parts or less

Actually go into the build ,the rest overhead ,and 50% markup. In my Loudspeakers 70% goes Into the build of these Very labor intensive instruments. You will not find a better built Loudspeaker under $10k

That I can assure you , this is a Loudspeaker for the Audiophile who appreciates

Old world craftsmanship that will provide you many years of musical enjoyment ,Thank you .

Wow! It was a long one!

I would love to help, but got lost in the maze. At least he opens with, "Come over for a listen". The rest seems the scream "Trust me, they're great".

a lot of extra language, but the speakers are probably worth what the ask is. That's my takeaway.

Can't make valid comments on the hardware but would like to know who actually built it, when it was built, and who/how the testing was done.

Q

The seller has another ad with similar prose (poetry?) but different photos:

00G0G_5VcxbiAe56h_600x450.jpg

https://worcester.craigslist.org/ele/6149020267.html

Last edited:
I can understand what he's saying, it's just that the sentences are broken up and punctuated in a weird way. They seem to stop in the middle then a new sentence starts and picks up the rest of the previous one. Gives me a bit of a headache to read it though!

The gentleman obviously subscribes to the "If you can't blind 'em with science, baffle 'em with bullshit" school of literary theory. A rough translation is "I spent way too much time, money and effort building these monstrosities and after all that they sound like oversized Panasonic Thrusters, so now I need to sell them to some impressionable wannabe-audiophile with cloth ears and deep pockets so I can free up space and funds to build something even bigger and uglier". Or words to that effect.

Seems to me he is pretty proud of what he made and is making new ones bigger and better. Lots of People companies, and individuals have made great sounding speakers with less quality components. Probably worth a listen, you might come home impressed.

Tweeter $55
Peerless Tymphany 4" Cast Frame Midrange $85
Scan Speak Classic 10" woofer $231

x2 = $742 in drivers. Plus fancy capacitors.

No idea if it sounds any good but there could be $1000 in parts alone here.

At least it's not in all CAPITAL letters.
And it has periods (in random places).
And it's not in 1 paragraph.

Still impossible to understand.
Therefore, I think this is a Modern Poetry.

You know...my thinking is simple: if you are intelligent enough to build high quality speakers you have to be able to explain what and how you built. Definitely not the case here.

I think he wrote the ad copy in another language, then used an online translator to convert to another language.
Repeat several times, add some spaces, remove some punctuation, capitalize random words and then post.

Awhile back I met some nut from Craigslist who sent me texts written like this guy's ad. It made my head hurt trying to understand him. It turned out he used an app that typed out what he said out-loud, and the fool never bothered to proof-read his texts.

With the exception of formatting, and perhaps not being a native English speaker, the description is just fine. He described his labor intensive build process, according to his beliefs. He's moving on and selling this pair. He thinks $1500 is a fair asking price, but it's only worth that to him.

I have seen ads like that on local CL, and I have asked the sellers some questions on speaker designs and they are actually nice guys, but just being DIY nerds....

They look to be well made, well thought out..I'm guessing english is a second language..if you can't figure that much out..

Michael jordan is one of the best basketball players of all time

He may teach using methods that are shockingly different from others
Methods that worked for him

Developing fundamentals through exercises seemingly unrelated to basketball or sports at all
Mr miyagi having daniel balance on the bow of a boat or on a pier one legged
Scrubbing mitts wax the floor
paint the fence

Looks absurd to those in the dojo
A joke
Refuse it out of stubborness or vanity
Calling it professionalism
We see him chop bottles in half instead of physically confronting the jackass who placed them disrespectfully on his truck refusing to remove em
That act may make him appear crazy
But which getds the point across clearest

But we know who wins

Last edited:
They look to be well made, well thought out..I'm guessing english is a second language..if you can't figure that much out..

Well, English is my second language as well. But if I am selling something (especially DIY) I am trying to do my best to describe whatever is offered for sale so it wouldn't need head scratching and eyes rolling.
After all he wants to sell those speakers or what?

Back
Top Bottom