Can anyone recommend a quality switch box....

Discussion in 'Home Theater & Video' started by knockbill, Sep 5, 2018.

1. knockbill

knockbill Addicted Member

Please register to disable this ad.

2. JoeESP9

JoeESP9 ESL's & tubes since 83

That would work.

3. knockbill

Thanks for replying,,, Yep, the switch/connections are right, but it just looks cheaply built... I read reviews on it, seems its problematic, if it works at all...

4. JoeESP9

JoeESP9 ESL's & tubes since 83

There is nothing hi-tech about an analog AV switcher.

5. knockbill

Correct, but it has to work! I have a CATV switch that is built like a tank, just trying to find something similar...

6. Duane

Duane AK Member Subscriber

I use a JVC JX-S300. It has 4 inputs ( 3 rear, 1 front) and has a remote to switch between inputs. The switching is dead quiet.

I have an extra one if you think this will work for you.

plugto likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. knockbill

Thanks for the offer,,, that switch is pretty big, over 17" long,,, this is for a B/R TV so not a lot of space... I'll keep looking, there must be a small, well made AV switch available...

8. knockbill

Update,,, I just received one of the cheap AV switches (first post) to try,,, it hums as delivered,,, and the RCA cables with it seem to be the problem... I replaced them with a decent set, and it works, for now... Selector switch contacts are so close together, its hard to select the middle (has three positions) so I used 1 and 3...
    I'll talk to my audio video buddy at the next Hamfest, and see what he has to replace it... Wires are fished so it should be easy to swap it out...

9. KingBubba

KingBubba "Too Much Stuff" Subscriber

Your search reminds me that I will be coming to a search myself, in the future. I have been living with a Samsung CRT TV for many years. It is connected to a Thinkpad that is fairly old. I am afraid that when I purchase the OLED TV I am planning to buy, I am going to have a whole new set of things to learn and buy and an adapter may one of the things I will be looking for. I have a great big learning curve coming up soon.