Can I connect a cassette tape to the VCR audio in jacks/out jacks on my preamp?

Rey1

I have a carver pre-amp that only has one tape connection, but it does have connections for a vcr and CDV. Can these inputs also be used for connecting an extra component, say cassette and/or a turntable pre-amp?

Thanks

I don't know the specifics of your Carver, but yes, in general you can connect line-level sources such as audio from a CD/DVD, cassette, tuner, etc., to inputs designated for VCR, tape, etc. There may be some small differences in input impedance for different input jacks, but this would be a problem only for rather unusual cases. Your phono preamp (presumably a phono pre-preamp) will also have a line-level output, so that can be connected as well.

I have a carver pre-amp that only has one tape connection, but it does have connections for a vcr and CDV. Can these inputs also be used for connecting an extra component, say cassette and/or a turntable pre-amp?

Thanks
Yes, because those are what's known as "line-level" inputs. The components you're interested in produce line-level signals.

That’s what is great about old AVR’s, you can hookup everything to include video game consoles and use headphones...

Back
Top Bottom