Can I fix a Sansui au X701?

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by Infernosaint, Jan 20, 2012.

1. vumetre76

vumetre76 New Member

2. vumetre76

vumetre76 New Member

Hi , i received an sansui au-x 901 alpha by a friend and i want to thanks all people on these site who loves receivers sansui! specially eradonic gives me advices for bias adjustement! sorry for my poor english language , i'm from Reunion island!!!!

3. vumetre76

vumetre76 New Member

Sorry eradoncic:boring:

4. vumetre76

vumetre76 New Member

All the capacitors were changing those that are in red, voltage regulators too, adjustable resistance for bias setting I miss 2 to change.

Attached Files:

5. slimecity

slimecity Super Member

If anyone else gets one of these amps - start by replacing the trimpots straight off - that may have been the underlying issue the OP had.

I had one of these and got it 2nd hand with the caveat that it kept going into protection. The trimpots were terrible and werent holding their values properly. The design of this amp means that all the dirt, dust etc just falls thru the grille on the lid, onto the PCB and into the tripots (which are facing up). I replaced my trimpots and the unit finally got some stability.

pete_mac likes this.
  6. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

+1, and check the solder joints on all the driver transistors. ;)

slimecity likes this.
  7. Skaman

Skaman New Member

I am now fully addicted to these amps after finding a bargain x701. I loved the sound so much I went and found an x901.I guess I'll be selling some of my other amps now as they pale into insignificance.
    I just wanted to thank everyone on here for their enthusiastic posts and the help you have so feely given. It's fantastic to see how you all came together and rooted for the x701s resuscitation.
    This thread was great reading and it would be great to know if the x701 ever came back to life.

I so hope I can tackle setting the values on mine without blowing anything up ;-) With all the info here I should manage.

I'd also like to add that if you ever get the chance to try some high end Cabasse speakers with one of these you won't be disappointed.