Can I output music from my cell phone with a USB cable?

jberenyi

I want to output my Spotify music from my Samsung S7 cell phone to my DAC with a USB cable instead of the 3.5mm headphone jack. Can this action be performed using an OTG cable adapter?

I don't have an S7 but it looks like the S7 does support USB OTG and DACs are supported in Android so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Don't most phones now support USB OTG?

Slowly ramping up to "new to me" phone. Samsung has gone back to supporting MHL (usb w/ HDMI out) which I want.

Don't most phones now support USB OTG?

Slowly ramping up to "new to me" phone. Samsung has gone back to supporting MHL (usb w/ HDMI out) which I want.
Oh crap. I have one of those Samsung special cables that do HDMI out from the phone for videos and such. I should be able to use that instead providing I use an HDMI extractor?

Oh crap. I have one of those Samsung special cables that do HDMI out from the phone for videos and such. I should be able to use that instead?

Don't know on that one. Not sure if MHL supports digital out to a DAC. Worth digging into though.

I have a Samsung I927 updated to Android 4.0.4, ancient by any standard. It runs HDMI video well via the cable but I don't have a USB input DAC to try that with.

Oh crap. I have one of those Samsung special cables that do HDMI out from the phone for videos and such. I should be able to use that instead providing I use an HDMI extractor?
I would just get the OTG adapter for 6 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom