Can of Worms! KLIPSCH "pecking order" ?

SixCats!

Hi all,

Seriously, I'm not trying to stir things up but, I was wondering how the Klipsch fans would rate the vintage Klipsch line up ? I suspect it would go something like :

K-HORNS

CORNWALLS

?

?

I guess what I am trying to say is, if I were UNable to find a pair of
K-HORNS or CORNWALLS, what's the next best find (for use with TUBE amps).
I mostly listen to CLASSIC JAZZ, BLUES, LIGHT CLASSICAL, etc.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,
SixCats!

mix in the "extended Heritage" Chorus (and Chorus II) with Cornwall, Forte' (and Forte' II) and Quartet around the Heresy...;)

Bill

Oh Man! Just bought a pair of 1989 Fortes about 10 days ago. I'd like to know where they fit in. They are simply awesome!

Rick

My opinion on the line up is a tad different,IMO the cornwall is the best all around speaker in the heritage line up,they give up very little to the k-horn & they are so much easier to deal with.

You should be able to pick up some cornwalls easily as they are constantly for sale.

My outlook on the lineup is with respect to how difficult a speaker is to perform upgrades to. They all need it. The easiest to upgrades is the Belle Klipsch. It's woofer goes high enough to allow better squawker drivers and the tops section will come off and is flexible enough to let you put other horns in it and be able to restore it later. The Khorn tops section will too, but it's woofer demands as 400 Hz crossover. that sticks you with the K55 driver. In last place is the LaScala. The new LaScala II looks like a better deal though, maybe just as good as the Belle. The original LaScala won't let you upgrade the squawker horn without major hacking to the woodwork. The Cornwall just isn't in the running for me. I had one as a center fill speaker for a while. I just plain didn't like it much! I traded it for a Belle. I have had no experience with any of the others, so the jury is still out on them.

AL K.

Like Carl says... but I'd include the Chorus too. Very close to the Cornwall.

K-horn
Belle
La Scala
Chorus
Cornwall
Heresy
Forte

Forte and Hersey can be flipped maybe??

Some of the near equal ones really depend on the room, placement, etc

Klipsch Pecking Order

In the right room the Klipschorn is indeed on top. Here is the order in my book having owned several pairs of all Heritage models and the so called extended heritage models.
Klipschorn (assuming proper room)
Forte
Forte II
Chorus II
Chorus
Cornwall II
Cornwall
LaScala
Belle
Heresy II
Heresy

Well, since extended Heritage are in the mix, my list would be (based on my ears and my ears only):

K-horn
Belle/LaScala
Chorus
Forte
Cornwall
Heresy

My list is probably "heresy" to many Cornwall fans. Yes, Corns are bigger sounding than Chorus or Fortes, but I still prefer both of those models.
Of course, once I hear a pair - I may just put Jubilees at the top of the list. But, I cannot honestly say that until I do.

Well, since I currently have all of the speakers on my list, at least the list is based on my listening to all of them. I don't expect very many will agree with me, but here goes.

Khorn
Cornwall
Chorus
Lascala
Heresy
Forte

Bob Crites

My list:
  1. Jubilee
  2. K-Horn
  3. LaScala II
  4. LaScala
  5. Belle
  6. Cornwall III
  7. Cornwall I
  8. Cornwall II
  9. Heresy III
  10. Heresy I
  11. Heresy II

These are only the ones I have heard. Have not auditioned Forte's, Quartet's, or Chorus'.

Back
Top Bottom