can someone explain what the gangs mean?

jami w.

just being me thats all
i was told that my reciever is a five gang, and i dont kno what that means. can someone explain it to me ? thanx guys

There will be one or more tuned circuits in a radio receiver. Each tuned circuit will have a "gang" of adjustable capacitor plates associated with it (the tuned bit being, usually, variable capacitance). The more tuned circuits, the more gangs of capacitor plates.

Hey! Even some 2 gang tuners dont sound half bad. My little 424 has one and in picks up more stations than my dads Bose Wave Radio.:yes: Nice little amp.:music:

theblackknight said:
Hey! Even some 2 gang tuners dont sound half bad. My little 424 has one and in picks up more stations than my dads Bose Wave Radio.:yes: Nice little amp.:music:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Sorry......couldn't help myself. But, that ain't saying chit. Never, ever compare your gear to Bose. Any Bose. :no:

Is that the same as a gang bang? I have one tuner with 6 gangs the other with 3...I live 70 miles from the nearest classicle station....The 3 gang pulls it in better go figure.

Back
Top Bottom