Can You Beat A SOTA Star Sapphire, Don't Bring A Knife To A Gun Fight

4-2-7

Smart Ass
Sponsor
Do you really have Isolation?
Do you really have a suspension?
Can you track with me?

BTW, I have a crawl space and a joist floor. So I'm jumping around to get everything shaking, well at least when I'm not pounding on the table.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
There I used a different record, vids repaired and I deleted all my chit chat post.

@C6Bill Can you remove the vids you posted, to save confusion, thanks.

Last edited:
Dang!!! That's impressive. I can do the suspension dance on my double platter, spring mod'd TD-125 without
skipping but the suspension stroke isn't as wide as on the SOTA
so stressing it as shown here would make the deck bump against the stoppers and that's the end of it.

But the pounding... Geez! I would have never believed it unless I saw it here with my own eyes. Amazing isolation!!!

Are you sure you're not 'cheating' with some 50's era like VTF for this video???

Dang!!! That's impressive. I can do the suspension dance on my double platter, spring mod'd TD-125 without
so stressing it as shown here would make the deck bump against the stoppers and that's the end of it.

But the pounding... Geez! I would have never believed it unless I saw it here with my own eyes. Amazing isolation!!!

Are you sure you're not 'cheating' with some 50's era like VTF for this video???
VTF is set at 1.7 grams.

The feet are rubber and are the bump stops that are on threaded rod that go though the sub chassis and support the plinth.

Wow wow wow!,now that's some great isolation! That's a table that all good tables isolation should be measured by imo.

I can't say I have ever tried that with my suspended tables, or my other tables for that matter. It does look impressive . Some of my tables have servo controlled arms so they track very good, like the Sony Bio Tracers, as far as suspended tables I only have a few, some old Empires, and a Yamaha a PF1000. I doubt they take that beating, but I have solid concrete floors underneath my ceramic tile so you can jump all you want, won't make a difference.

Somebody did this in front of me with one of these about 5 or 6 years ago. I can assure you this is possible even with real-world vtf.

LOL they where, in fact they used to have test for isolation, and the Sapphires would beat every table and the test machine by going past it's capacity of testing. :D
That's outstanding! call me impressed, I wish all tables were like that it would make life so much easier than having to do so much to isolate most tables the way we have to today.

That's outstanding! call me impressed, I wish all tables were like that it would make life so much easier than having to do so much to isolate most tables the way we have to today.

But SOTA still makes this table today and this is around their mid tier deck with this suspension.

But SOTA still makes this table today and this is around their mid tier deck with this suspension.
I've seen them before, not in person, I guess I was asleep and this table crept by me because I really didn't know about how good that isolation is, I'm genuinely impressed with that.

BTW, I'v just finally learned and took the time to post on Youtube, there has been a couple of vids that show some light jarring of the SOTA. I'v always wanted to REALLY show how much more it can handle.

Of course you could just listen to it instead of beating on it...

Well the fact that you can walk around that table and not tip toe like most tables says alot. I've gotten used to being careful around mine but it sure would be nice if I didn't have to think about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom