Can you search for "Threads Started By User"?

avguytx

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
You used to could search for a person by user name and see the threads they posted in or started. Like if I wanted to find the threads I've started, I could see them all in order. Is that a feature still in the works or gone for good?

If you click in the "Search..." field in the upper right of the screen more options open up. At the bottom right corner of those options is a little down arrow. Click the down arrow and you should have "Your Threads" and "Your Posts" search options, amongst others.

But being able to search threads I started versus the last time I commented on them would be nice...like it used to be. Otherwise, it just lists them in order of the last time I commented on them and there might be 8 posts in the search list instead of putting a single thread in the list by date going back to the very first one I posted, for instance. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong.

'Threads' seems to only show threads created since the upgrade. It's been asked repeatedly if pre-upgrade threads will be included, but I've never seen an answer.

Not true. I just went to my profile page, clicked on Postings. Got 10 pages of results. Ran back to early October. Clicked on the Show Older Messages link, which shows at the end of the page 10 list. Got ten more pages.

I went to your profile page, JP, and did the same thing.

I know that Wardsweb is working on the search engine, to get better results, but all threads are active, no more archive, and indexed. And it works. Click on the username, and get content from the profile page. That is the current workaround.

Use the link in the bottom of your Postings tab in your profile page. (Or anyone else's corresponding link)JP Profile.jpg

I'm not sure what you're trying to show me. If you're showing the list of results, you'll notice those are posts and not threads. If you're showing me where the 'Find all threads by JP' link is, the result is what I posted before - it only shows threads I created since the upgrade, not before.

goto a persons profile page and then click on information for example heres what comes up when i clicked yours. hope this helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-31-15-33-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-31-15-33-13.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 18
It does not see back beyond the move from vB. I assume that comes later?

Last edited:
Again, if you click "Find all threads by JP", it will only show threads I created after the upgrade. That's the issue.

k ,at the top of the page youll see a button called members click on that.you will then see this screenScreenshot_2015-10-31-15-43-19.jpg

well mine go back to 2003 but im sure i started more than 59 threads.:idea:
radioactive, your 59 threads listed go back to 2003, with only five that are newer than 2004!

JP, tybrad, I do not know why you are not showing any more than 4 threads. JP, I had no problem getting to your very first post. tybrad, I could go back into last year's posts by you. I just ran out of patience to keep clicking 200 posts at a time, when you have over 13K. Posts but no threads. Hmm.

I just tried with my list, and I had 4 threads, three from this past week, and my first, from 2003. Tybrad, you have a similar thing, a gap in your started thread list. Check the dates.

I know that Luther is working on the search engine, but I can't see how that would be relevant, when the threads are all indexed. Doesn't mean that it isn't relevant, just that I know very little about XF.

I'm sending this to Luther, for his perusal.

Ernie-
This is all I see from my seat on Information -> Threads Started. Only back to the transition timeframe and no gaps in dates- it's just cut off at 10/6.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-31%20at%205.53.50%20PM_zpsgejbowfq.png

Back
Top Bottom