Can you suggest a movie you watched more than once...and got more outta it?

I agree with the above, especially about good movies. However, some movies seem especially dense with allusions, in-jokes and foreshadowing.

Most of the Coen brothers movies reward repeat viewing, especially the underrated (in my opinion) Miller's Crossing and The Hudsucker Proxy.

Amelie has something new for me every time I see it.

And though not a movie, Arrested Development has jokes that you would not get until you had seen the entire series.

"Miller's Crossing" , better than most Oscar winners. AN ABSOLUTE GEM! :thumbsup:

A few not mentioned yet:
Repo Man (1984)
Silence Of The Lambs
Demolition Man
Evil Dead 2
Heat
The Hitcher (1986)
Full Metal Jacket (honestly ANYTHING by Kubrick,,,but I believe this one has'nt been mentioned yet...)
Jackie Brown (ditto Quentin's movies...)

I dunno,a list like this could go on & on forever so I'll just go with those for now.

FWIW

Bret P.

"Full Metal..." for sure. I think I get a bit more outta than most due to my background. Sometimes wish I didn't, but still get more stuff thrown at me the next time around.

Q

I agree with so many, particularly:

Dr. Zhivago
Dr. Strangelove
Apollo 13
Young Frankenstein
Pulp Fiction

One movie I'd HAVE to see again to get ANYTHING out of it was Fatso. If it weren't the first half of a double-feature, I'd have walked out.

A couple of films that I've only seen once but am certain would be worth another look:
The Man Who Fell To Earth
My Dinner With Andre

Lastly, I'll add two of my favorite musicals:
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
South Park

And leave y'all with a snippet from The Life of Brian...

There's yet another WWII movie about the Japanese jungle war camps that makes "Bridge On the River Quai" seem like a picnic in comparison.

I've watched this movie several times, and seem to get yet another message from this production on the struggle that Allied prisoners had to endure and how they attempted to survive the inhumane treatment that they suffered at the hands of the Japanese guards. The movie kinda gives both sides of the internment, and you can even begin to appreciate why and how the soldiers (Japanese) who had to look after these places were there because of some past failings or negative outlook on the war.

Robert Carlyle
and Kiefer Sutherland are in it, but the latter is in more of a cameo role.

It's a powerful movie with many messages that are present in its production. After watching it, you will prob end up in a discussion if watched with another.

I'd advise viewing the info/documentary portion BEFORE you watch the movie itself. I doesn't take it away from the plot, but instead gives you a background in "Bushido", which helps you to understand the oriental mind set of the Japanese military and how they viewed the world.

This is one of the better war movies I've taken in, dealing with this aspect of the Pacific Front of WWII. Even taking it in more than once will make you appreciate the sacrifices and the different details that come out second time around.

The movie is based on true events..."To End All Wars" (2001)

Q

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom