Canada takes the Gold in World Hockey Jr's!

Quadman2

Lunatic Member
Canada beat the Swedes three to one with two mins left in the last period! :banana: What a game! It could have gone either way. Both teams were A1.

Q

Canada beat the Swedes three to one with two mins left in the last period! :banana: What a game! It could have gone either way. Both teams were A1.

Q

Congratulations to the Canada Juniors. I'm sorry that I missed that. I love hockey on all levels. Hockey is one of the few Olympic sports that I'll watch.

Q, What NHL team do you follow?

-Dave

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Canada Juniors. I'm sorry that I missed that. I love hockey on all levels. Hockey is one of the few Olympic sports that I'll watch.

Q, What NHL team do you follow?

-Dave

Didn't know there were other teams...other than the Flames!:D

Most Canuck teams seem to be running hot an cold, beating the top seeded, but losing to those they shouldn't. It's a strange season his year, eh?

The World Juniors was also a seesaw affair. And congrats on the US Team ending up with a medal as well. :thumbsup: Least that's what the flags indicated at the end of the S/W game.

Take care and have great listening,:music:

Q

Didn't know there were other teams...other than the Flames!:D

Most Canuck teams seem to be running hot an cold, beating the top seeded, but losing to those they shouldn't. It's a strange season his year, eh?

The World Juniors was also a seesaw affair. And congrats on the US Team ending up with a medal as well. :thumbsup: Least that's what the flags indicated at the end of the S/W game.

Take care and have great listening,:music:

Q
Tell me about it. I'm an Oilers fan.
How can a team go from dropping a complete dud vs Buffalo, and then take it to Tampa? McDavid was just insane in that game.
It's probably been the most up and down season I've seen.

Did you watch the medal ceremony after that gold medal game? That Swedish 'kid', the captain no less, went full crybaby when he threw his medal into the crowd.

The world junior tournament is must see TV for me. I know it confuses or annoys a few people around me, but I don't care. Boxing day with a turkey sandwich and a cold one while watching the 1st game is how life should be. At least during the holiday season. And if there is a New Years eve Canada/USA game? Hell yeah!

Tell me about it. I'm an Oilers fan.
How can a team go from dropping a complete dud vs Buffalo, and then take it to Tampa? McDavid was just insane in that game.
It's probably been the most up and down season I've seen.

Did you watch the medal ceremony after that gold medal game? That Swedish 'kid', the captain no less, went full crybaby when he threw his medal into the crowd.

The world junior tournament is must see TV for me. I know it confuses or annoys a few people around me, but I don't care. Boxing day with a turkey sandwich and a cold one while watching the 1st game is how life should be. At least during the holiday season. And if there is a New Years eve Canada/USA game? Hell yeah!

An "Oilers Fan"? Damn! :rolleyes: I was just starting' to like you, boy? :biggrin:(JK)

Weird doesn't cover this year in the NHL...injuries, free agents next year, the list goes on?

Ya, I thought the Swedish kid did wrong, but to have it that close all the way through a really tough game, with both sides exhausted...it had to be rough. Guess ya had to be there in his head, tired, disappointed where the all important final could have gone either way. I did NOT want a bloody shoot out. Play it until one side gets one in, and not have to depend on which goalie messes up!

Gonna be an interesting Olympic series cause the Europeans are getting better ALL the time, eh?

Q

Ha ha!

Don't forget the out of whack officiating and whatever the heck goes on at that situation room.

I cannot STAND the shootout.
I get it with tournament games when it comes to things like quarter-finals and semi-finals, but it's just not needed for a final. Nor for a regular season NHL game for that matter.

I'm looking forward to the Olympic tourny. Yeah, I prefer the best on best format, but this will bring me back to my childhood. Kinda weird seeing Canada as a bit of an under dog after all those years with NHL guys.
I haven't even looked at the schedule, yet. I'm not sure if it's a getup early and watch before work thing, or a set the PVR because it's a middle of the night or middle of the day thing. I guess I should get on that soon, lol.

@Quadman2 are watching the Flames? Should be a good game!

-Dave
The Flames? Boooooooooo!
:rflmao:

I'm digging this Olympic tourny.
And despite the weird times, I'm enjoying watching a game before the day even begins. A 5am start means I can watch the first couple of periods, get everybody out the door, watch the third with the PVR, and get to work on time.
Kinda strange watching a hockey game without a cold one, though, lol.

Back
Top Bottom