!!! - Canadian Armed Force Regimental Stein - !!!

harman/kardon

From the Fatherland
Subscriber
Up for auction comes a pretty rare beer mug. The proceeds from this auction is for needy AK members, respectively VOA.

Starting bid is 10 American dollars. The auction ends on Sunday, November 20, at Noon (12 am Eastern Time). The winner has to send the money to Ernie (luvvinvinyl). As soon as he has received the money, I will send the stein to the winner, very well packed (Box in box). I will pay the shipping costs to any location in the world.

And now - Happy bidding.

b4.jpg

Last edited:
On the left:

"Air division canadian armed forces - ad custodiendam europam" represent the No.1 Air division consisting of four wings as a contribution to NATO for the defense after war. It was first located in Metz, France.

Front side:

"C.A.F Europe 1 Wing Lahr/Schwarzwald Germany" is really of the badge representing the amalgamted C.A.F. (Canadian Armned Forces) which happened in 1968 and 1 Wing Lahr which would move to Baden-Söllingen and become 1 Canadian Air Group (C.A.G.) until 1988.

On the right:

"1 Wing Canadian armed forces - pro pace amati" present the 1 Wing originally based in Marville France up to the 60s, moving to Lahr in 1967 and then to Baden-Söllingen" in 1988.

On the lid:

"R.C.A.F" (Royal Canadian Air Force)

On the bottom:

(Manufacturer) Hugo Schmidt, Koblenz/ Germany.

b1.jpg

Last edited:
I got most of the info on this item from André ("moinau"), many many thanks again, André!

b6.jpg

Last edited:
Last but not least - the mug comes with this nice lady...!

The height of the mug including lid and aircraft is ca. 23 cm, the width on the top ca. 7 cm, on the bottom ca. 11 cm.

See also my thread from November, 2012: "Regimental Stein Canadian Armed Forces Lahr/Schwarzwald info please".

Bottom.jpg

Last edited:
It definitely isn't seeing the bids I thought it would. However, it is of primary interest to Canadians, and the Canadian $ is very poor against the US $ right now. That $35 US bid is $47 Cdn already.

And the winner is...

...Larry!

Thanks for bidding. As I mentioned somewhere else before, I will pay the 38 dollars shipping costs. Will send a pm to you.

And I thank you !I'm a little surprised that other AKer's didn't participate in such a worthy cause, but their loss is my gain. I'll be sure and hoist a mug as a toast to you when it arrives!!!

Larry

Back
Top Bottom